Contribute
Register

Can you install macOS on a 8300 without HD4000 or dedicated grahics to use it a server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus
CPU
Intel i5 8th Gen
Graphics
Intel Integrated Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I plan to install macOS Big Sur on a HP 8300 SFF with a i5 3470 processor.
I know that the integrated Intel HD 2500 Graphics are not supported in macOS but I wonder if it is possible to get through the installion process with only the integrated DisplayPort and use it as a server from there.
Do you know if I can skip buying a dedicated graphics card and how the performance is going be without one if I only plan to acces it with just a VNC client. Will not use any graphic intensive applications.

I plan to install macOS Big Sur on a HP 8300 SFF with a i5 3470 processor.
I know that the integrated Intel HD 2500 Graphics are not supported in macOS but I wonder if it is possible to get through the installation process with only the integrated DisplayPort and use it as a server from there.
Do you know if I can skip buying a dedicated graphics card and how the performance is going be without one if I only plan to access it with just a VNC client. Will not use any graphic intensive applications.
You can try. It may be possible to get through the installation process even though the CPU integrated graphics is not supported. But be reminded that anything graphics related or requiring graphics acceleration may not work properly and performance may be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back