Contribute
Register

Can you help me get my ATi 4850 512mb sorted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm running 10.7.4, and it's up and running.

I've read that some versions of this card have issues with Mac OS in general, but still wondering if anybody has managed to get it working properly ?

Lion thinks it only has 3mb ram. Also, QE/CI isn't working, and my resolution isn't correct.

By the way, if I cant get it working, what disadvantages are there to having it running the way it is (I mean for things like rendering and photoshop etc) ?

Yes.

BTW, in system profiler, my card isnt specifically listed, but it has the right device ID. Under kext extension (IIRC) it says "no extension found" or "no kext loaded" or something (sorry, don't have it on right now)

Did you installed ATI Device ID too,found in Multibeast?
Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 22.54.48.png
Do you have a DSDT installed?
Do you have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist?
My old system had a ATI HD 4850 512 MB Dual DVI,i had it till 10.7.1 and worked great!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 22.54.48.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 22.54.48.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 195
alex_tzardea said:
Did you installed ATI Device ID too,found in Multibeast?

No

alex_tzardea said:
Do you have a DSDT installed?

I haven't personally installed one

alex_tzardea said:
Do you have GraphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist?

Yes. I tried to boot with it set to "no" (in the bootlaoder), and that caused a kp.

Well...you should!
Depending on what revision is your mainboard,and what BIOS version it has,download DSDT in database,put it on desktop,naming it DSDT.aml,open multibeast and select UserDSDT + System Utilities + ATI 48xx Device ID
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt.php#

Oh,then you should fix your profile,according to that you have a GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 ...
Let go DSDT then,and only try ATI Device ID...

I installed the ATi Device Injector, but it hasn't made any difference :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back