i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
OSX on NVMe drive is not stable enough, xcode simulator crashes.

I have two SSDs, one NVMe, one AHCI.

Can I put OSX on the AHCI and Windows on the NVMe?

Question is really about the bootloader. If I don't give clover the NVMe kext, I'm guessing it won't be able to boot the windows drive?

Not sure what's the best course of action here...

Thanks!

OSX on NVMe drive is not stable enough, xcode simulator crashes.

I have two SSDs, one NVMe, one AHCI.

Can I put OSX on the AHCI and Windows on the NVMe?

Question is really about the bootloader. If I don't give clover the NVMe kext, I'm guessing it won't be able to boot the windows drive?

Not sure what's the best course of action here...

Thanks!

By "NVMe kext" I assume you're referring to "NVMeGeneric.kext". It has nothing to do with Windows.

The way I'm dual booting currently is clover lets me choose either my HFS install or the EFI windows boot loader.

If windows is on the NVMe drive, won't clover need the NVMeGeneric.kext to boot it? Otherwise, I guess I'd need to use the motherboard boot menu?

The way I'm dual booting currently is clover lets me choose either my HFS install or the EFI windows boot loader.

If windows is on the NVMe drive, won't clover need the NVMeGeneric.kext to boot it? Otherwise, I guess I'd need to use the motherboard boot menu?

NVMeGeneric.kext is for OS X, not Clover.

Ah thanks for clearing that up! I thought clover needed it as well for the NVMe drive to be seen/work.

Does this mean that the EFI partition with clover could be on the NVMe drive itself to boot OSX resting on another drive?

Ah thanks for clearing that up! I thought clover needed it as well for the NVMe drive to be seen/work.

Does this mean that the EFI partition with clover could be on the NVMe drive itself to boot OSX resting on another drive?

Where you boot Clover from is more a question on the capabilities of your BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back