Contribute
Register

Can we have a comparative about MB Gigabyte "GA-Z87X-UD7 TH" "GA-Z87X-UD5 TH" "GA-Z87X-UD5H" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X
CPU
2,2 Ghz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Someone can help me to point the differences between those MB Gigabyte "Z87X-UD7 TH" "Z87X-UD5 TH" "Z87X-UD5H" ? What are the main differences ? Wich one will be the best compromise ?

It look likes there's USB3 everywhere, and only the TH have thunderbolt included.

I think the GA-Z87X-UD5 TH seem's to be the best compromise ?

Thanks

The Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH has Thunderbolt 2.0 thats twice the speed of the UD5 TH with 1.0 .
I can not find anywhere what Wifi chip they use, but if it's Broadcom then it might work. The new Mac Pro with 802.1AC is Broadcom. I do see you can easily just change out the mini PCI-e WiFi card if it's the wrong chip.
The Audio for those will work AC898 and I think the Intel LAN will.

Z87X UD7 TH offers better upgradability options. It basicly is a Z87Z OC FORCE with Thunderbolt 2 wifi ac and bluetooth. It has 3 x16 PCI Express running at x16 like the OC FORCE while the UD5 TH only has one of these running at these speeds. UD7 TH also offers 2 HDMI outputs while UD5 TH offers 1, however the last one also has a DVI-I connection (1920x1200).

One thing I don't like of what I read on the specs of both the UD5 and the UD7 TH is that both motherboards only support a max resolution of 2560x1600 through Thunderbolt ports. While HDMI 1.4 supports 4k output on these same boards I don't quite understand the limitation on the Thunderbolt outputs. I took for granted before reading the specs that Thunderbolt 1 would be totally capable of delivering these resolutions and I find that not even Thunderbolt 2 supports these resolutions on the UD7 TH.

¿Is these because there are no 4k thunderbolt ports yet and they have limited this softwarewise? I mean, Thunderbolt 2 was the fastest data connection for the moments for what I knew. There are more differences of course.

http://es.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-z87x-ud7_th/specs/

http://es.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-z87x-ud5_threv_1x/specs/

Z87X UD7 TH offers better upgradability options

That's why I waited for the UD7 release, but now it is released, I am starting to doubt as it is very expensive in my country (this build would have the same.price as an.socket 2011 build) . So just say I can live with 10 GPS thunderbolt, of the ud5, the biggest downsider for me would be less fast PCI-e.
But forgive my stupid question:

Where would I need fast pci e for?
1. GTX 770 ( but 2 video cards isn't possible anyway,right?)
2. I have a PCI e card with two E-sata connections (so they would be twice as slow, right?)
3.?
A PCI-e SSD Drive like a real Mac isn't possible right?

Perhaps more USB 3 slots, but I already can put 12 thunderbolt devices with 10 gbs speed right?
Or am I forgetting something crucial for video editing ? Perhaps in the future some matrix card or something, but I don't have it yet...
As not a single Mac uses PCI slots anymore (as apple wants everything upgradeable through thunderbolt) there should come more thunderbolt expandability anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back