Contribute
Register

Can these specs be Hackintoshed? (laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I have a HP dv6t-7000 quad edition and I was curious if I can hackintosh it. I now that it is possible be there is always something that you will run into so it seems best to ask before screwing up a lot. So here are the specs:

3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M Graphics with 1GB GDDR3 memory [HDMI, VGA]
8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
750GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
HP TrueVision HD Webcam
802.11b/g/n WLAN
Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad

An if you need the motherboard info I dont now how to find that so you will have to tell me how.

So I am hoping to get a positive reply :)

Also if it can be done could someone please let me know what the multibeast settings are so i can pick the correct ones for this device

BIG THANKS to who ever can help :) :) :) :)

Attachments

• MY LAPTOP SPECS.jpg
    MY LAPTOP SPECS.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 104
yeah use retail + unibeast, you might have to get a wifi dongle and make sure to use multibeast

yeah use retail + unibeast, you might have to get a wifi dongle and make sure to use multibeast

Are you positive because some people before on some other site (don't remember which) said that I won't be able to and other technological stuff I did not understand but figured out it was a no.

And if I can could I please be get Some help on what multibeast settings

You are better off if it doesn't have Optimus. That said, it is hard to say 100%; often there are USB/BIOS/booting errors that are nearly impossible to predict before testing. Make sure your vendor has a good return policy if you're not sure you want to keep the laptop if it doesn't run OS X well. (arguably dishonest...these things weren't designed with OS X in mind)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back