Contribute
Register

can´t finish installation high sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Using Clover configurator Mount EFI of your HDD on the Desktop
  • Open EFI>EFI>CLOVER and Right click config.plist>Open with Clover Configurator
  • Go to Graphics> Remove [√]Inject Intel
Ok, so I mounted the EFI of my USB drive where I am trying to install hs from, and changed the "Inject Intel" and tried the installation again, with no results, it stops in the same place. I have to restart the PC several times to get passed the "prohibeted sign" like after a few restarts it continues, but then again, I get to the same point "MacOS cannot be installed on this computer"

Ok, so I mounted the EFI of my USB drive where I am trying to install hs from, and changed the "Inject Intel" and tried the installation again, with no results, it stops in the same place. I have to restart the PC several times to get passed the "prohibeted sign" like after a few restarts it continues, but then again, I get to the same point "MacOS cannot be installed on this computer"
  • That means that Hard disk (Not your USB) has some problem.
  • Is this an old hard disk? Is it SSD or SATA SpinDisk?
  • If it is a very old disk, and the old system had shown boot problem or unexplained shut downs etc, health of that HDD is in question. In that case try a new HDD.
    • Tell us what type of HDD you are choosing.
  • If you have no suspicion for a damaged HDD, then consider the following:

• Reboot with USB installer to reach Disk Utility.
  • Go to Menubar of Disk Utility >View> Show All devices
  • Repartition and Reformat the Target Hard disk (if Spindisk GUID and HFS+J ;if SSD GUID+APFS)
  • Install macOS
  • As stated earlier expect Several reboots .
  • On reboot use hot key to freeze Boot Screen and select USB installer to enter CBM Screen
  • Switch to Target HDD(SSD) and exit CBM through Target HDD(SSD).
  • Repeat until you finish HDD install and go to the Language Screen.....> Desktop
Edited to add:

• Since you have been making a lot of changes and Forced shut downs and booting and rebooting this computer, there is a possibility of CMOS corruption in the BIOS.
  • Therefore, before you try to reinstall the system, best to Reset CMOS using the CMOS pins or removing and reinstalling CMOS Coin Battery. At the least , try to Load Optimized Default BIOS using the hotkey like F7(Gigabyte boards) and then reenter all the BIOS options for hackintohing.

Attachments

• DU_Show All devices.png
    DU_Show All devices.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I will try the reseting the CMOS, to see what happens.
THe hard disk is a spin disk and it is brand new, nevertheless I have run diagnostics on it and all say it has no problems.
I will check the BIOS issue and come back and tell you.

Ok, so after a few days break, I am back.
So thinking it might be high sierra I thought I would try to install Sierra instead of High sierra, but I got the same error (mac os cannot be installed") as with high sierra.
I did everything suggested here, last thing I did was remove the CMOS battery and reset it. but same thing happens.

I tried to install mavericks and it worked without problems, I need a newer version of MACos to be able to run some software that requires it. what else could I do?

Ok, so after a few days break, I am back.
So thinking it might be high sierra I thought I would try to install Sierra instead of High sierra, but I got the same error (mac os cannot be installed") as with high sierra.
I did everything suggested here, last thing I did was remove the CMOS battery and reset it. but same thing happens.

I tried to install mavericks and it worked without problems, I need a newer version of MACos to be able to run some software that requires it. what else could I do?

• I think you had some left-over macOS High Sierra and Sierra Files from repeated attempts to install on that Hard disk causing that error.
  • Your Hardware(GA-B75M-D3P+i5 3570) are good enough for macOS Installation all the way to Mojave as long as you have a PCIE Graphics (i5 3570 has only Intel HD 2500) that is compatible in all these OSes.

yeah, that's what I thought, as far as I have read my GeFOrce 650 should also work, plus my 8 of ram. maybe it is the hard drive, I am trying to install in a toshiba spin drive, I only have one ssd, which is the one I am using with 10.8.5 now, I just dont want to attempt an install on the ssd unless I know I can have something stable for work.
I thought of cloning my current installation (10.8.5) on the spin drive and attempt an install on the ssd directly, but I dont see why my spin drive would be the problem since it is new, and I was able to install mavericks on it without issues.

Last edited:
yeah, that's what I thought, as far as I have read my GeFOrce 650 should also work
I have the same series of MoBo (GA-B85MDS3H) and I have installed Sierra|High Sierra|Mojave and Windows 10 and Ubuntu .
When you tried to reinstall HS 10.13.6 using your USB Installer, did you go to Disk Utility > Find the target Hard Disk> and Erase the disk using GPT and HFS+J or did you go straight to "macOS Installation" step?

I always do the disk utility and I formatted as in directions. Mac os extended journaled and the GUID partition map
All I can say is that the Disk hard corrupted files. If it is reformatted, then it was getting the bad files from your Installer disk. Since you have Mavericks, download HS Installer, check its file integrity with Shasum command and confirm it has met the checksum value of genuine macOS Installer and create a new Installer Flash drive and start from there.

All I can say is that the Disk hard corrupted files. If it is reformatted, then it was getting the bad files from your Installer disk. Since you have Mavericks, download HS Installer, check its file integrity with Shasum command and confirm it has met the checksum value of genuine macOS Installer and create a new Installer Flash drive and start from there.

Sorry my ignorance, I have learnt something about computers doing this, but I dont know how to run the checksum command to check the value of installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back