Contribute
Register

can´t finish installation high sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry my ignorance, I have learnt something about computers doing this, but I dont know how to run the checksum command to check the value of installer
  • No problem
  • Download the installer and don't install
  • From the Dock, Right -click on the Installer Icon >Option>Show in Finder >Installer is now in Applications Folder
  • Launch Terminal ( Applications>Utilities>Terminal)
  • Type (or copy and paste) the following command and ENTER/Return and wait for a few minutes until a long Alphanumeric String is shown as output:

shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

Example Sha1 Checksum for Mojave Beta Installer (Public 10) on my system :
$ shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

244430f516ac6927faad08da08c421b8103b608a /Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

• Right Click that Alphanumeric String and Search using Google to find the matching macOS

Edited to add:
Checksum for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6:
10.13.6 (17G65) 69159caf25666ea1c5d466e158e075d947f6a9ee (InstallESD.dmg),

Last edited:
I did that and I got the same checksum and googled it and it says the same number you have there for High sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

Sorry I have been out but I have work to do, so I am doing this during time spaces I have. I was also about to quit, it is getting complicated. Thanks again anyways for the great help.
I am a bit stuck I dont know what else to do to continue.

I did that and I got the same checksum and googled it and it says the same number you have there for High sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)

Sorry I have been out but I have work to do, so I am doing this during time spaces I have. I was also about to quit, it is getting complicated. Thanks again anyways for the great help.
I am a bit stuck I dont know what else to do to continue.

I dont want to give up yet, if there is anybody with some idea of what else I could do, I would be very greateful.

I dont want to give up yet, if there is anybody with some idea of what else I could do, I would be very greateful.

• I believe it is a hardware issue.

• I recall doing a troubleshoot within the past two years in this Forum where I narrowed down the problem to the target hard disk or Installed RAM for this strange error.
  • Finally it turned out to be RAM.

Tell me how much RAM in each slot, Speed of RAM used, Brand name etc.
Are RAM tests done on Windows?
Try another Hard disk .

I have two sticks of 4gb each. Corsair vengeance 1600 mhz

I am going to see if I can clone my present 10.8.5 installation (the one I am using now) into the spin disk, (Mavericks worked on this, so I think 10.8.5 will also) so I can try to install high sierra on this solid state drive I use for the 10.8.5. Its the only option since I dont have another hd.

and I will get back at you afterwards. BY the way, any advice on how to do a easy clone of the installation I have? (I know it is a different subject, for the thread, but maybe just a quik note.

I have two sticks of 4gb each. Corsair vengeance 1600 mhz

I am going to see if I can clone my present 10.8.5 installation (the one I am using now) into the spin disk, (Mavericks worked on this, so I think 10.8.5 will also) so I can try to install high sierra on this solid state drive I use for the 10.8.5. Its the only option since I dont have another hd.

and I will get back at you afterwards. BY the way, any advice on how to do a easy clone of the installation I have? (I know it is a different subject, for the thread, but maybe just a quik note.

BY the way, any advice on how to do a easy clone of the installation I have? (I know it is a different subject, for the thread, but maybe just a quik note.
  • Check this thread ->#2 .
  • I have an illustrated 'manual of some sort' posted to help someone to create a Clone of his original disk with a Freeware(Donationware) Clonezilla based on Linux that can make an EXACT CLONE of a Single disk to another disk(recipient disk) of EQUAL or LARGER size .
  • Clonezilla:clonezilla-live-2.5.6-22-amd64.zip can clone Mac/windows or Linux.

I routinely clone all my systems disks when perfectly running using Clonezilla and reclone with each major update.

Hello THERE!
just in case someone finds a similar problem: I got a solid state drive and I was able to install high Sierra with no problems, in the first try. So it seems like installing on a spin disk is not ideal at least for a similar rig as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back