Contribute
Register

Can´t boot EL CAPITAN without USB-Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being abled to boot from the Hard Drive is such an easy solution to overcome - One way and probably the easiest is to copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the you copied from the usb drive - Now reboot and you should be able to boot without the aid of the usb drive - Job done - After successful booting you can edit your config.plist to make any changes. Good luck.
Hi

Same problem...tried this solution but not working... can someone tell me why?

I fail to understand why that doesn't work - its simple, if you can boot from your usb installer EFI partition but not your hard drive, the solution is to delete the EFI folder in the EFI partition of the hard drive, copy and over the EFI folder from the usb, reboot and it should work without having to use the usb installer, unless your bios settings are not setup in the correct way.

Not being abled to boot from the Hard Drive is such an easy solution to overcome - One way and probably the easiest is to copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the you copied from the usb drive - Now reboot and you should be able to boot without the aid of the usb drive - Job done - After successful booting you can edit your config.plist to make any changes. Good luck.
Tnx alot! Now if i have a feeling that it uses the config.plist from OEM folder not the main one i clover folder. How can change that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back