Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I installed my first Hackintosh and solved many Problems, but I can´t boot without USB-Stick and I found no solution for me.

At first my Hardware:

Board: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
Processor: i7-4790K
Graphic: EVGA GT740
RAM: 32 GB HyperX Savage

Installation:

Bios-Configuration as shown in Guides
Mac OS X EL Capitan 10.11.1 with Unibeast 6.1.1

After the first step of Installation I had the problem, that I can´t set up my Account. I only had a grey screen with moveable mouse pointer. I solved this problem with bootflag nv_disable=1 so I could setup my Account. Then I installed the NVIDIA Display Driver and reboot with nvda_drv=1.

Then I installed a File out of Multibeast: AppleHDA-1150.pkg to solve the Audio-Problem with the series 9 boards. This solved my Audio-Prolem (this solution comes from another user in this forum).

Then I installed Post Installation Tools. After this I used Clover Configurator an used iMac14,2 and left nvidia_inject blank (this worked for me).

Now I replaced the config.plist on EFI-Partition with the one I created with clover-configurator. I unmounted EFI-Partion and take the Unibeast-USB-Stick out of my Computer.

The I reboot, but no Boot-Device was found. I checked in BIOS all boot orders, but no effect. When I replaced the Unibeast-USB Stick in my computer, Mac os x starts without problems.

Can you help me to solve the problem, to start from ssd?

I have already tried to solve the problem by this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ithout-uni-multibeast-usb-heres-solution.html

But I have no “EXTRA”-Folder. So this guide worked not for me.

Please help me, I am a Hackintosh-Noob but I worked 5 years before on a Mac Pro.

Thank you very much!

Oliver

Yesterday I wiped the whole SSD an reinstalled it. For the first time in worked, but no audio. Then I installed the Driver "AppleHDA-1150.pkg" out of the Multibeast for Yosemite and the problem was back. No booting without the USB.

Is there another way to geht Audio working? Or should I wait for Multibeast for El Capitan?

Yesterday I wiped the whole SSD an reinstalled it. For the first time in worked, but no audio. Then I installed the Driver "AppleHDA-1150.pkg" out of the Multibeast for Yosemite and the problem was back. No booting without the USB.

Is there another way to geht Audio working? Or should I wait for Multibeast for El Capitan?

Not being abled to boot from the Hard Drive is such an easy solution to overcome - One way and probably the easiest is to copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the you copied from the usb drive - Now reboot and you should be able to boot without the aid of the usb drive - Job done - After successful booting you can edit your config.plist to make any changes. Good luck.

Not being abled to boot from the Hard Drive is such an easy solution to overcome - One way and probably the easiest is to copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the you copied from the usb drive - Now reboot and you should be able to boot without the aid of the usb drive - Job done - After successful booting you can edit your config.plist to make any changes. Good luck.

Thanks buddy it worked on
Gigabyte H170M -D3H
i3 6100

Maybe when MultiBeast was run the correct disc to write out to wasn't selected?

It's been awhile since I ran MultiBeast. What I now use is Clover Configurator and the latest Clover .pkg. IIRC, what I did was copy both of those files, along with EFI mounter to the USB stick, mounted from the USB stick, copied the USB config.plist to the desktop, noted what drivers were enabled in Clover Configurator, then wrote the file to the disc drive. When I rebooted from the HDD I mounted the EFI partition through EFI Mounter, restarted Clover Configurator from the desktop, ran the Clover Configurator Magic Wand, set my MAC ID, checked all the drivers that were enabled when using the USB stick, then wrote the config.plist file to the disc. Upon reboot it booted from the HDD and then I had to install the nVidia WebDrivers.

The reason why I boinked my system was because I had first installed in UEFI and then re-installed in Legacy.

Hi, I have the same motherboard & processor combination as you but can't get the onboard ethernet to be recognised. Can you?

My Ethernet is working fine after installing " IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d3" using MultiBeast

Hope it helps

My Ethernet is working fine after installing " IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d3" using MultiBeast

Hope it helps
Thanks for your tip! I had to install the IntelMausiEthernet v2.1.0d0 version as the v2.1.0d3 was not getting an IP address from the router. Got it working now!

Well, some insight here, since last post. Using the same SSD that I used in my first build that I could not get the boot loader to properly install on, I was able to successfully install it using Multibeast on my second hackintosh build and it boots without the USB stick. I read somewhere that this booting problem was being experienced by hackintosh builders using some Z87 ASRock motherboards and apparently is also a problem with the Z97 chipset ASRock motherboards, or at least some of them. My research indicates that ASRock implements EUFI in a different way that causes this problem.

You're right. I am using the Z97 Anniversary Asrock motherboard and I am also unable to boot without my usb stick. So it might have something to do with those motherboards. I am trying to figure out a solution and post any updates here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back