Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm moding a G5 (A1093) and after striping the interior I've found a few chips attached to the case on the top and side. Can anyone tell me what they were for?

Pics can be seen here: http://imgur.com/a/FnnMM

Top one is HDD temp sensor.

bottom one is the case door sensor - if you were to open the case, the PowerMac would kick the fans onto full speed.
Sorry to both bump and kind of steal a thread, but could the case door sensor possibly be modded for use with standard ATX headers? Because I know that most motherboards have headers for "Case Open" sensors

Sorry to both bump and kind of steal a thread, but could the case door sensor possibly be modded for use with standard ATX headers? Because I know that most motherboards have headers for "Case Open" sensors

Its possible - I'm not sure the requirements for the ATX board but I believe the G5 sensor simply looks to see if the connection is broken. It should be just two wires I believe. Keep in mind that the G5 actually is looking for the acrylic shield to be in place. If you don't use that you'll have to modify the sensor to work with the door instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back