2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone tell me a z390 MATX board that the USB 3works with the i9-9900K. I bought a "Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming" back in Febuary But I cannot get the USB 3 to work I have tried every thing as far as tutorials for making a SSDT. I have followed the info in the Hackintool to the letter. None of it works. the ports only work in 2.0 mode. If someone has this working on 10.14.3 please Share there are MANY people that have gotten this board only to be frustrated by this.

Swapping out the Z390 M Gaming board for another one will not resolve the USB 3 problems unless the cause is hardware and not software related. Rule out a hardware problem by installing Windows and testing the USB 3 ports.

Have you seen this beginner's guide yet ? Give this a try to make a working USB SSDT.
You can ask support questions in that thread and have the author give you specific help for your system.

Last edited:
I have been thru that tutorial as well as several others and tried those methods literally dozens of times. I'm not the only only one you will find every other user of this board having the same issue nothing fixes. at least with the ASUS Z390M TUF WIFI There are working SSDT files already posted on the forums. I have literally been trying to sort this out for like 6 weeks now.

Swapping out the Z390 M Gaming board for another one will not resolve the USB 3 problems unless the cause is hardware and not software related. Rule out a hardware problem by installing Windows and testing the USB 3 ports.

Have you seen this beginner's guide yet ? Give this a try to make a working USB SSDT.
You can ask support questions in that thread and have the author give you specific help for your system.

Well I guess 105th time is the charm. I'll be damned it worked. Well mostly. I have 2 ports that are blue but won't seem to work on anything other than 2.0 hey I will take it.

Thank you for you help

Well I guess 105th time is the charm. I'll be damned it worked. Well mostly. I have 2 ports that are blue but won't seem to work on anything other than 2.0 hey I will take it.

Thank you for you help

I was having a similar issue, and then I was pointed at this guide:

I know it says it is for Asus but I do remember reading somewhere in the thread that someone had adapted it to a gigabyte. I personally found this way to be easier also not sure if it will help you.

I got it working!!!!

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

I got it working!!!!

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming + i9-9900K + Sapphire RX Vega 64 8GB + 32GB RAM + MacOS 10.14.3 w/ USB3 working!

Good to hear. Nice work. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back