Contribute
Register

Can someone recommend a video card that works with 13.3.3 on a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7 2700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 9500
I'm currently trying to still get my GeForce GT 9500 to work with High Sierra 13.3.3. In the event that I can't, can someone recommend a cost effective video card that is compatible with my motherboard that also works with 13.3.3?
I am mostly using my computer for music and not anything like gaming, so it doesn't have to be super high performance. More looking for compatibility and not to spend a lot of money.

Thanks!

Nvidia GT 710 is the lowest cost compatible card.

Great thank you!

Dylan

I ended up getting the 9500 working (by accident). I bought the GT 710 and was looking for the correct driver, which I thought was 387.10.10.10.25.156 (I believe it was the new alternate one). It seemed to work. I needed to get back onto my old Lion system drive for something and so popped the 9500 back in. Forgetting I had switched cards, I booted back into High Sierra and it worked!

EDIT: The 9500 is buggy in High Sierra. The comp would occasionally turn off by itself as well as a few graphics issues. I was inadvertently using Mac's onboard drivers. There may be some Nvidia drivers to make it work, and I may try and solve it in the future, but for now I'm just using the 710 which solves the restart issue and other graphics issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back