Contribute
Register

Can someone please help me with my Radeon HD 7770 multi monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97S Krait Edition
CPU
4.0 GHz Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
(Solved) Help with Mac OS X multi monitors?

I Just bought a Radeon HD 7770 because I acquired 3 of the same monitor and wanted to set up eyefinity for gaming in windows (which is pretty awesome so far). The crappy part is that I use OS X for most things other then gaming and the only way I can get into OS X is to unplug one of the monitors. I have to use one of the 7000 series tricks to get os x to get past the white screen. I can get the two monitors to work fine, but when I plug the third in, OS X shows it but it freezes up and I cant do anything.
Has anyone else done a setup like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Edit: the best I could get was the three monitors working but one was black and caused the system to freeze up randomly. I Returned it and bought a GTX 650 Ti and it worked out of the box and still plays games in Nvidia Surround in windows just as good as Eyefinity did. I knew I should have sticked to Nvidia haha.

haha hasn't anyone done triple monitors on a hackintosh before?

If anyone is interested in doing Eyefinity for gaming in Windows, Buy a decent Nvidia card, I bought the GTX 650 Ti because the HD 7770 was too much of a headache, I with I just bought the Nvidia to begin with. I was sceptical on Nvidia surround because ATI has been doing it way longer, however the 650 Ti rocks at it , and it boots into Mac OS X 10.8.3 with triple screen with GraphicsEnabler=No out of the box with no issues. All three screens just work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back