Contribute
Register

Can someone look over my parts list and provide feedback? Customac Mini Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies! Here is the correct link.

You said you don't need a graphics card but your proposed build has a GTX 1060.

Yes, I believe the hardware is compatible with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or later.

You said you don't need a graphics card but your proposed build has a GTX 1060.

Yes, I believe the hardware is compatible with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or later.

Thank you!

I'm unclear on whether or not the monitor will work without the GFX card so its there as a safety net.

Could you recommend a high quality and quiet fan/cooling solution?

J

do you really want a 16inch monitor? or you want it for the portability?

for a cooler, i like the noctua low profile cooler
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VCAJ7W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

the dan case you mentioned uses sfx (small) psus, yet youve picked a full sized. not very knowledgable on sfx psus, so ill leave the recommendations to your own googling.

speaking of the case, its very expensive, does it have to be that particular one or have you already got it

edit- moved to the buying advice forum

the dan case you mentioned uses sfx (small) psus, yet youve picked a full sized. not very knowledgable on sfx psus, so ill leave the recommendations to your own googling.

speaking of the case, its very expensive, does it have to be that particular one or have you already got it

+1

The Noctua NH-L9i is a superb low profile cooler and very quiet too.

If you want a good quality PSU for an SFX style chassis, I can recommend the Corsair SF450 and SF600 models. Again they are very quiet and are small enough that you can fit cabling in without issues. They also out-perform the Silverstone SFX power supplies which have suffered from 'ticking' sounds and fans that continually start and stop for no apparent reason.

thank you so much for the helpful response. I've added the noctua to my list for a cooler.

i do really want a portable monitor that will also display hd graphics. my thought is that I can build something close to workstation speeds, at least in competition with what Apple offers, but still able to take on a plane as a carry on item.

i would go for a bigger monitor if it were 17-21" but I haven't been able to find any that were portable enough. if you have any suggestions please let me know. I was even looking for monitors by searching B&H for portable video monitors for video/photo field work and portable editing rigs. haven't found anything yet that fits better than the asus

it doesn't have to be a dan case a4-sfx. i just wanted something that size. I was also looking at the Ncase m1 which is slightly larger

a dan case a4-sfx. i just wanted something that size. I was also looking at the

you could go for something like the fractal node 202

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015MKDOPU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

silverstone also do some thin sfx cases you might like.
couple that with a psu wonkeydonkey suggested.

id also recommend looking into z370 itx builds over z270, with an 8 series intel cpu. can get a 6 core system for the price of a 4 core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back