Motherboard
Asus p8p67le
CPU
intel i5 2500
Graphics
Radeon RX480 8G
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorry if this isn't the correct section, this is my first time posting, I am absolutely stumped. I successfully got Yosimite running on my asus laptop and i'm very happy with it, however, on my desktop i have had no luck installing high sierra or any other versions for that matter. specs are as follows

-Mobo Asus P8P67LE
-8GB EVGA SC DDR3
-Realtek Ethernet
-Realtek Audio
-GPU Gigabyte RX480 8GB
-CPU Intel i5 2500 (non k)
-SSD SanDisk 128GB (Windows Drive)
-HDD WD Black 320GB (macOS Drive)
-HDD WD Green 1TB (Extra Storage)
-HDD WD Black 320GB (Dedicated Downloads archive drive)
-HDD WD Green 1TB (Games Drive)

My problem occurs before I even reach the installer, I just get a black screen so i'm to believe its a GFX issue, however i looked up potential fixes and all i could find were solutions telling me to take out my RX480 and use Intel HD to run the installer.. Problem being, my board doesn't have integrated graphics. From my research High Sierra natively supports Polaris GPUs, So what am I supposed to do? Any help would be appreciated.
*EDIT*
I forgot to mention when i say i don't get to the installer i mean i don't even get to see clover.

***UPDATE***
Alright i'm happy to say that everything is working now, i figured it out myself. for anyone with the issues i was having i bought a used EVGA GeForce 210 on ebay for $15 and a small monitor from goodwill for $4. I set the geforce 210 as my primary display adapter, plugged the spare goodwill monitor into the 210 and my main display into my rx480, set clover to inject nvidia and inject without efi, then ran the installer, selected backup graphics kexts, got all of my other hardware working first and then restored all amd graphics kexts, reboot and now your gpu will be identified as an r9xxx.. BUT to my surprise i went to the app store, updated to the latest version of high sierra and alas now it recognizes my card as an rx480 with 8gb of vram, ive been using it for 2 days now and im yet to see any graphics bugs, gaming performance is solid and ui elements are smooth. ***IMPORTANT***
When i said i set the geforce 210 as my primary display adapter what i did was i went to the bios settings, changed gpu configuration from auto to pcie, this may be different for your bios.
also, when i first attempted to boot after installing macos my pc rebooted right after the apple logo, after verbose, to fix this i set inject nvidia and inject without efi. (this may be because im booting in lagacy but i am unsure)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 9.55.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 9.55.09 AM.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 9.56.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 9.56.02 AM.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
UPDATE
I'm happy to say that after countless hours i'm writing this post from my fresh hackintosh. I now have an issue with GPU acceleration, I have no transparency and animations are laggy as well as glitchy on high sierra.. any ideas? i've tried installing whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext but no difference.

Alright i'm happy to say that everything is working now, i figured it out myself. for anyone with the issues i was having i bought a used EVGA GeForce 210 on ebay for $15 and a small monitor from goodwill for $4. I set the geforce 210 as my primary display adapter, plugged the spare goodwill monitor into the 210 and my main display into my rx480, set clover to inject nvidia and inject without efi, then ran the installer, selected backup graphics kexts, got all of my other hardware working first and then restored all amd graphics kexts, reboot and now your gpu will be identified as an r9xxx.. BUT to my surprise i went to the app store, updated to the latest version of high sierra and alas now it recognizes my card as an rx480 with 8gb of vram, ive been using it for 2 days now and im yet to see any graphics bugs, gaming performance is solid and ui elements are smooth. ***IMPORTANT***
When i said i set the geforce 210 as my primary display adapter what i did was i went to the bios settings, changed gpu configuration from auto to pcie, this may be different for your bios.
also, when i first attempted to boot after installing macos my pc rebooted right after the apple logo, after verbose, to fix this i set inject nvidia and inject without efi. (this may be because im booting in lagacy but i am unsure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back