Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
1A2427E0-0FFE-47E5-A5F8-C46A1C824F27.jpeg
Hi all,

I had a system working great over the years but the mobo is gone nuts randomly shutting down cos i had a situation with the electricity not too long ago

My System:
Ga z68x ud3h b3
icore 7 2600k
radeon 5570
gskill 16mb
osx 10.6.8

I want to build something new
however i have lots of project in logic 9 still needing to be completed...can i buy new hardware and still be able to run my osx 10.6.8 on them?

very important cos i cannot affordable to loose any logic project
or spend too much time reconstructing any project

Hope some has answers feeling sad cant create music

I had a system working great over the years but the mobo is gone nuts randomly shutting down cos i had a situation with the electricity not too long ago.
'Situations with the electricity' are notorious for corrupting the CMOS settings including some that are not accessible from the BIOS setup menu. Before anything else I would try a CMOS reset followed by optimised defaults, followed by any adjustments that you made when you originally installed the OS.

'Situations with the electricity' are notorious for corrupting the CMOS settings including some that are not accessible from the BIOS setup menu. Before anything else I would try a CMOS reset followed by optimised defaults, followed by any adjustments that you made when you originally installed the OS.

Thanks P1GRIM
i have done that... no changes the system is not as normal anymore. i realised i spend too much time trying to fix this rather than actually making music. so thats why i am opting for totally building something new BUT the concern is being Able To RUN OSx 10.6.8. You get me ??

I want to build something new, however i have lots of project in logic 9 still needing to be completed... can i buy new hardware and still be able to run my osx 10.6.8 on them?

very important cos i cannot affordable to loose any logic project
or spend too much time reconstructing any project

Hope some has answers feeling sad cant create music

Current new hardware will not run Snow Leopard as the OS has no support for it. To run Snow Leopard, you need to find older hardware of the Sandy Bridge generation (like what you have) or earlier. In your situation what you probably need is another similar motherboard, which can only be obtained second hand.

Current new hardware will not run Snow Leopard as the OS has no support for it. To run Snow Leopard, you need to find older hardware of the Sandy Bridge generation (like what you have) or earlier. In your situation what you probably need is another similar motherboard, which can only be obtained second hand.

thanks so much need that clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back