Contribute
Register

Can somebody help me patching someone else's DSDT's and SSDT's/ install VoodooI2C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo IdeaPad L340 Gaming 15IRH
CPU
i7 -9750H
Graphics
Nvidia GTX1050 3GB && Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad L340 laptop with Synaptics touchpad that supports Microsoft Precision driver. I've been trying to install the VoodooI2C drivers for a while but no luck. Most of my tries were to install the EFI files of people with the same laptop as mine. They claim the laptop doesn't support GPIO pinning and only supports polling mode (it has a Coffee Lake Processor). The GPIO kext in the Voodoo I2C kext prevents the laptop from booting so I believe it's true. Can anyone help me fix it? or how to enter polling mode? (I've read the tutorial). I think the easiest way is to use the files from this repo. Btw, currently the laptop's keyboard is not responding as a result of installing kexts from terminal that i didn't manage to remove (do not appear in clover folder and "sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kext.kext" didn't work as well).
Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad L340 laptop with Synaptics touchpad that supports Microsoft Precision driver. I've been trying to install the VoodooI2C drivers for a while but no luck. Most of my tries were to install the EFI files of people with the same laptop as mine. They claim the laptop doesn't support GPIO pinning and only supports polling mode (it has a Coffee Lake Processor). The GPIO kext in the Voodoo I2C kext prevents the laptop from booting so I believe it's true. Can anyone help me fix it? or how to enter polling mode? (I've read the tutorial). I think the easiest way is to use the files from this repo. Btw, currently the laptop's keyboard is not responding as a result of installing kexts from terminal that i didn't manage to remove (do not appear in clover folder and "sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/kext.kext" didn't work as well).
Any help would be appreciated.
you should extract, patch and compile your own DSDT

Did that but looking for a way to fresh install clover. How can I do that? and patching others' SSDT's is recommended?

Did that but looking for a way to fresh install clover. How can I do that? and patching others' SSDT's is recommended?
from the link i gave you, it is recommended to patch your own files

or you can patch other hotpatch files, that is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back