Asus B460M-A (r2)
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
As the title says...

This is only happening using 10.13.4 all previous versions have been fine, i can boot only using cpus=1 or using safe mode

Same incident:banghead::banghead::banghead: with me, i was trying 10.13.6 on z170m-d3h (bios f22f), 6700k but still no luck without cpus=1
finally i came to this thread and i concluded that its requires CPU microcode update. which is very tough job :eek::eek::eek:for me, bcz i dont want to brick my board without fullproof knowledge,
thanks to feartech and rehebman , i ll look this thread in future with any simple guide for microcode update patch.
as said by feartech i ll go with 10.13.3 for now
Thanks again.

Same incident:banghead::banghead::banghead: with me, i was trying 10.13.6 on z170m-d3h (bios f22f), 6700k but still no luck without cpus=1
finally i came to this thread and i concluded that its requires CPU microcode update. which is very tough job :eek::eek::eek:for me, bcz i dont want to brick my board without fullproof knowledge,
thanks to feartech and rehebman , i ll look this thread in future with any simple guide for microcode update patch.
as said by feartech i ll go with 10.13.3 for now
Thanks again.
the job is not for the faint of heart so to speak

but there are other tutorials out there to do this

example, the pdf attached is from the x99 board that is from this site which may help you a little

Attachments

• Procedure to update Microcode of X99 Bios.pdf
    656.5 KB · Views: 235
As the title says...

This is only happening using 10.13.4 all previous versions have been fine, i can boot only using cpus=1 or using safe mode

When i use cpus=1 the next line that comes up is waiting for DSMOS which will then carry on booting up

Was wondering if anyone had any insight?

i m in big trouble now, i hav tried 10.13.1 but no luck without cpus=1.

previously i was using 10.11.6 which was worked fine , but now i tried 10.11.6 but same issue unable to boot that without cpus=1 , currently my bios is f22f i.e latest one , and i read somewhere in blogs that not to update bios .
Now what should i do???

should i go with ur microcode update method?

example, the pdf attached is from the x99 board that is from this site which may help you a little

or

should i downgrade my bios to F7 ??

plz help

previously i was using 10.11.6 which was worked fine , but now i tried 10.11.6 but same issue unable to boot that without cpus=1 , currently my bios is f22f i.e latest one , and i read somewhere in blogs that not to update bios .
Now what should i do???

or

plz help
easier to downgrade a bios than to perform the microcode update, i would try the bios downgrade first

Now what should i do???

or

plz help

Check your clover setting for halt enabler, pStates etc.

At clover screen use cursors to go to Options then go to CPU Tuning and uncheck Halt enabler, and Pstates then test with boot arg: cpu=1 removed.

Check your clover setting for halt enabler, pStates etc.

At clover screen use cursors to go to Options then go to CPU Tuning and uncheck Halt enabler, and Pstates then test with boot arg: cpu=1 removed.

No luck !!!

fortunately i am able to click this as it reboots quickly,

What does it mean??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back