Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I know i originally screwed something up when i installed SL..i used multibeast before updating SL to 10.6...Here are my specs..

ASUS P6T WS PRO LGA 1366 Intel X58
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi)

I dont know if there is anything that i can do to get SL to register the 12GB of memory that is installed. It is only seeing 4GB. I have read it is because iBoot only allows you to see 4GB. Everything else is working properly (i.e. Sound, video, except the sleep function which I couldn't care less about, I never use it anyway). This is my first hackintosh that I have built (i have searched over and over for some help and found none) and would like some help from you guys.
Thanks

deathklone said:
I know i originally screwed something up when i installed SL..i used multibeast before updating SL to 10.6...Here are my specs..

ASUS P6T WS PRO LGA 1366 Intel X58
Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi)

I dont know if there is anything that i can do to get SL to register the 12GB of memory that is installed. It is only seeing 4GB. I have read it is because iBoot only allows you to see 4GB. Everything else is working properly (i.e. Sound, video, except the sleep function which I couldn't care less about, I never use it anyway). This is my first hackintosh that I have built (i have searched over and over for some help and found none) and would like some help from you guys.
Thanks
Yep, when booting with iBoot you boot into 32bit mode and only 4gb of ram would be recognized. Solution: Booting w/o iBoot. You have to install Chameleon bootloader (the right one for your GFX card) and other necessary things using Multibeast before.
You can try to override the iBoot default settings by typing arch=86_64 maxmem=12288 on the bootscreen. Maybe it'll work

I've the same problem but with different hardware. Can't boot without iBoot disc, I tried booting with -v but nothing changes. I'll try typing this code. thanks

When I plug in a USB storage or disc system needs to restart giving error. It's so frustrating

Freeblas said:
I've the same problem but with different hardware. Can't boot without iBoot disc, I tried booting with -v but nothing changes. I'll try typing this code. thanks

When I plug in a USB storage or disc system needs to restart giving error. It's so frustrating
Boot with iBoot.
Update to 10.6.5 at least.
Download and install the nVidia pkg from the forum download center.
Run MultiBeast to install the chameleon boot loader - since you have nVidia graphics select the first Chameleon - not the chameleon ATI
eject iBoot disc - remove from tray
reboot.
no guarantees implied, but it should boot OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back