Contribute
Register

Can one hackintosh install dual RX580?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, have issues when trying to boot with dual XFX RX580's

HS,Mojave and Catalina beta all working fine with one card, tried both and and work separately but not together.

Boot with npci 0x2000 usually, but boot stops at PCI Begin with two cards???
Have latest kexts ect clover 4988..

I can't speak to it running any faster with two cards vs. one. I needed two cards because of the number of displays that I run- there aren't enough ports on a single card to plug them all in! I'm guessing that I barely scratch the surface on the actual processing capability of the cards.

Do you need any special configuration for dual RX 580?
Which specific card did you get?

Managed to install Mojave and both RX580. It turns out the stupid "Above 4G Decoding" was disabled. Kernel cannot allocate the second card without that enabled.
where is the above 4G decoding option? in BIOS or in config.plist?

where is the above 4G decoding option? in BIOS or in config.plist?
In BIOS, at least for Gigabyte. I have the AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, for other models might be called differently but it seems you need it otherwise there is not enough memory to address the second card. It’s a supposition, but since it’s the only change I’ve made to my build to make both cards work.

In BIOS, at least for Gigabyte. I have the AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, for other models might be called differently but it seems you need it otherwise there is not enough memory to address the second card. It’s a supposition, but since it’s the only change I’ve made to my build to make both cards work.

Great thank you

can you help me ?

I can't make my RX580 4gb work with Catalina.
First I had a GTX 1050 TI that was not working and after reading in some forums that the card was not compatible, after completing the installation of Catalina 10.15.2 with immenseger, Apple Store, audio, all working. After I changed the graphics, but still can not detect the card rx580.

I leave here the link from my EFI folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MIce-0AEhMNWeihtpCb24U7U3z_P8_z2

My setup: Asus B250M-plus
Asus rx580 4gb
intel i5
8gb ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back