Xeon E5 1660 v3 es
Graphics
GALAXY GTX 780 HOF 3G
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
recently we have seen that RX5xx Graphics card so cheap! I have a RX 580 in my computer with macOS. It work perfectly! But I was confused can we install the second RX 580 and boot to macOS? I google this question but get nothing.

Recently we have seen that RX5xx Graphics card so cheap! I have a RX 580 in my computer with macOS. It work perfectly! But I was confused can we install the second RX 580 and boot to macOS? I google this question but get nothing.

I have not tried, but I would think it should be possible. Apparently there is already another user on this forum who claims to be using dual RX 580s.

Do you have and use any software that can take advantage of dual GPUs? If not, getting a second card may not be meaningful and a waste of money, not to mention the fact that 2 cards will generate more heat and impede the air flow more inside the chassis.

I have two RX 580s in my hackintosh, and everything works perfectly.

Hi,
Can you tell me is the dual config faster then just one Graphicscard?

wich programs you use? do they have to be optimized for dual-gpu

best regards

I can't speak to it running any faster with two cards vs. one. I needed two cards because of the number of displays that I run- there aren't enough ports on a single card to plug them all in! I'm guessing that I barely scratch the surface on the actual processing capability of the cards.

I have dual R9-280X cards in my hackintosh, basically a generation or two before the RX580's.

The main reason for this was:

1. I wanted to run multiple monitors, I currently run four. I could run six with the ports available, sadly I don;t have the desk space.

2. Some applications I use do run massively faster, e.g. Final Cut Pro X which I used a lot. FCPX on AMD is a lot faster than nVidia. Photoshop and Premiere do not benefit from the AMD acceleration. Whilst the nVidia cards are faster for lots of things, they are not so good on the software I use. Clearly YMMV.

3. I wanted out of the box functionality.

I see no reason why the RX-580 shouldn't be even faster.

Curious to know if you gained any GPU speed?

Mostly I didn't. The real performance improvements are noticeable (although I haven't found a way to properly quantify it) in Affinity Photo and Davinci Resolve 16 (beta4). I will do some encoding measurements when I manage to get some free time, but so far the whole UI is more responsive while working on complex project files. I worked many hours on a couple of projects with a single RX580 and I immediately noticed the performance boost after installing the second one. As for the rest (games, other software) there is absolutely no noticeable difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back