Motherboard
Gigabyte B760I Aorus Pro
CPU
i5-14600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Ventura 13 Beta 22A5352e doesn't support installing or running Windows XP on Virtual Box. Tried both Virtual Box versions 6.1.30 and 6.1.38. And also tried both creating a new Windows XP vdi and importing a known working copy of Windows XP vdi. The installation process of Windows XP went fine, and the importing of Windows XP vdi also went fine. However, after the successful installation or importing, Windows XP vdi started with an error "The virtual machine 'Windows XP' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)". The error message is below. Virtual Box Windows XP vdi runs fine on both MacOS Big Sur and Monterey. Does anyone have a solution?

Screenshot 2022-09-25 at 12.44.33 PM.png

Ventura 13 Beta 22A5352e doesn't support installing or running Windows XP on Virtual Box. Tried both Virtual Box versions 6.1.30 and 6.1.38. And also tried both creating a new Windows XP vdi and importing a known working copy of Windows XP vdi. The installation process of Windows XP went fine, and the importing of Windows XP vdi also went fine. However, after the successful installation or importing, Windows XP vdi started with an error "The virtual machine 'Windows XP' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)". The error message is below. Virtual Box Windows XP vdi runs fine on both MacOS Big Sur and Monterey. Does anyone have a solution?

View attachment 555281
Ok. I'll bite. Why are you trying to run an OS that is so old, it's legally allowed to purchase alcohol?

Ok. I'll bite. Why are you trying to run an OS that is so old, it's legally allowed to purchase alcohol?
I have a full set of digital technical manuals for diagnosing, repairing and maintaining an old (complex) car. The digital service manuals depend on an old version of the Internet Explorer to be viewed, which runs on Windows XP.

The error message is below. Virtual Box Windows XP vdi runs fine on both MacOS Big Sur and Monterey. Does anyone have a solution?
Buy an old HP or Dell business desktop on Ebay that can run XP. Should be cheap and easy to find.

One of these older Sandy Bridge machines can run XP just fine. $51 shipped.

This Dell has XP pre-installed

This HP looks like the best deal of all. Elite 8000.

Last edited:
Buy an old HP or Dell business desktop on Ebay that can run XP. Should be cheap and easy to find.

One of these older Sandy Bridge machines can run XP just fine. $51 shipped.

This Dell has XP pre-installed

This HP looks like the best deal of all. Elite 8000.
Thank you. Using old computers (hardware) is an option. I have several old Dell Latitude laptops with WinXP and Windows Vista, and I installed the car service manuals on them. However, I prefer the Virtual Box version of Windows XP/car service manuals on my desktop computers, which I can view any time without having to power up an old laptop computer. Nonetheless, thank you all the same for the suggestions.

Did you attempt this Ventura update with OC 0.8.3?
No. I've already moved on to 0.8.4 when I updated to the previous beta so see no reason to go back with the latest beta working fine.

Back