Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5KPL-AM SE
CPU
Q9400
Graphics
GT 740
Trying to upgrade Snow Leopard (10.6.8) to El Capitan, I can not select the primary boot disk called "Snow Leopard" because it is grayed out.
When I click on it, I get the following popup message (free translation from Greeks) "The selected disk can not be used as a boot disk". I can confirm that disk utilities reported no error and the partition map scheme is GUID. What seems to be the problem here? Any solutions?

Best Regards,

PS : I don't want to make a clean install.

macOS_Upgrade.png

Sorry for the late reply. What is the SMBIOS set to (i.e. model identifier)?

Hi,

Thank you for your time..... (are you Greek? I just looked up your nickname fivos.... )

Anyway, I managed to bypass this problem by creating an installation USB. Now I upgraded to High Sierra but I am unable to boot from the hard disk except the USB only.

The error I get is a no-sign image and immediately the system is going to sleep mode, but the verbose mode reported that the system is not supported. Now I suspect (I am not a macOS user and I don't have the experience needed) I get to change someway the SMBIOS from the boot manager (clover). I was a little busy lately so I did not find time to rout about this. I will check this out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back