Contribute
Register

Can Not Update To Mojave 10.14.1 on Sandy Bridge System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please privide the step by step way to doing so

If you can use a more modern system definition like karlson12 says, thats the easiest way. Something like iMac14,2 or iMac13,2 work fine, unfortunately on one of my Sandy Bridge systems, those definitions froze on boot.

If you are stuck on something earlier like iMac12,2 - try the following -:

• Download the 10.14.1 updater, mount the .dmg file so that you can access the .pkg file.
  • In terminal unpackage the updater using the following command, substituting the source path for whats appropriate for you. Be patient it can take a few minutes -:
  • Code:
    pkgutil --expand /some_path/macOSUpd10.14.1.pkg ~/Downloads/macOSUpd10.14.1_no_system_check.unpkg
  • In your Downloads folder you should have a new directory named "macOSUpd10.14.1_no_system_check.unpkg", navigate into it and replace the Distribution file with the one attached to this post (unzip it first obviously).
  • In terminal, package the new updater using the following command. Again be patient, it can take a few minutes -:
  • Code:
    pkgutil --flatten ~/Downloads/macOSUpd10.14.1_no_system_check.unpkg ~/Downloads/macOSUpd10.14.1_no_system_check.pkg
  • Now you should have a new installer package in your Downloads folder, that should allow you to install the 10.14.1 update bypassing system_id checks.
Just a few notes. The modified Distribution file attached is really only relevant for the 10.14.1 updater, feel free to compare it to the original (it was just 2 or 3 small blocks of text removed) and make the same edits in the future if needed for 10.14.2+ updates.

Attachments

• Distribution.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 70
I'm on Sandy Bridge with legacy BIOS. I was able to update to 10.14.1. It went smoothly. As others have said, use a 14,2 definition and a newer graphics card and you are good to go.
atm.png

I was experimenting more with mine, and despite iMac13,x and iMac14,x definitions not booting, Macmini6,2 booted fine. Much easier than mucking around editing the installer, but the steps are there in case anyone needs it.

I have asrock P67 Performance with i5 2500 and boot with 13.2 and 14.1 with no problem.
Thank u for all for the help now I update but now itunes crash everytime it open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back