Contribute
Register

Can not get to the installation screen (UniBeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also put the NV Enabler 64.kext from MultiBeast into System/Library/Extension on the usb drive and now it works without any bootflags! :)
Thanks for the tip!

How do you get the kext out of Multibeast so you can put it on the USB drive? Hoping this will work for me as well!

I'm having the same issue. It doesn't even get to the installation screen. It just reboots. I've managed to take a video after I flagged with -v to see where it reboots and found this:

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=01367B6E-6307-34D4-BC3B-C8861296B07 rd=*uuid npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 -v

I've tried all the solutions mentioned (not all at once); PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=0, etc. I've also removed all my devices, such as Bluetooth adapter, external graphics card, FireWire card, extra HDDs, etc. and left only the mouse, keyboard and monitor plugged in.

My board is an ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 with an i5-2500K. Works perfect with Lion, but doesn't even manage to start a ML install.

I'm having the same issue. It doesn't even get to the installation screen. It just reboots. I've managed to take a video after I flagged with -v to see where it reboots and found this:

Starting Darwin x86_64
Boot Args: boot-uuid=01367B6E-6307-34D4-BC3B-C8861296B07 rd=*uuid npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1 -v

I've tried all the solutions mentioned (not all at once); PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=0, etc. I've also removed all my devices, such as Bluetooth adapter, external graphics card, FireWire card, extra HDDs, etc. and left only the mouse, keyboard and monitor plugged in.

My board is an ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 with an i5-2500K. Works perfect with Lion, but doesn't even manage to start a ML install.

I get to the exact same point before rebooting. I'm on a ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 with an i7 2600k. My own opinion is i think it's gpu related. I'll test later tonight with my card removed and using the i7 built in graphics. I just want to get to the installer for now, i have a new SSD arriving tomorrow for the installation.

I used a different approach!

Had Problems with my GTX 460 / 768MB...

SOLVED WITH UNPLUG THE CARD AND USE MY INTERNAL HD3000 VIA HDMI... THIS WORKED... AFTER INSTALLATION I HAD TO REACTIVATE MY GEFORCE CARD AND BOOTED FINE :)

I had to remove my GPU 6850 due to white screen at install. I tried all the boot flags and none worked. I took my sparkle geforce from another computer due the fact that i'm using GA-p67x-UD3 with no onboard graphics. completed the install, ran multibeast rebooted from HDD, added GraphicsEnabler=No shut down. Put my AMD 6850 back in and it worked. I read a post that people were removing the ATI6000controller.kext on the usb and putting it back after install. That also seem to have worked.

Hope this helps anyone!

Actually i won't be testing with the built in graphics as my motherboard doesn't support it. Oh well, hopefully someone will come up with something, a lot of people seem to be having this issue.

I had the same problem and solved it by using GraphicsEnabler=Yes. After installing the current CUDA drivers I was able to boot normally in ML

I am using IVY Bridge i7 on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH5 with a 6870 Video Card. I get as far as the Unibeast logo and prompt for booting. However, none of the flags I use get me to the install screen. My guess is that there needs to be Kext's for that Video Card. I am trying to boot from the built in 4000 card from the mother board to see if that will work first and than add the 6870 Later.

Nope that did not work either. The system reboots when it tries to get to the installer screen.

Has anyone used this hardware and had a successful boot to the install screen?

Thanks in advance.

I have Ivy Bridge i7 3770K and the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH5 motherboard with a GeForce GTX580 video card and I'm experiencing the same problem. The USB boot menu comes up, USB is selected, I press ENTER and a few seconds later the white screen with the Apple logo shows with the spinning thing. Few seconds later the thing stops spinning, the screen goes black and that's it. The motherboard shows code A0 which is what it shows when Lion is running. The monitor shuts off. Pressing keys or the mouse button does nothing. I never get to the install screen.

I've tried removing the video card and booting with the monitor plugged into the onboard graphics DVI port and when I do that, I get absolutely nothing on the screen. I have On Board Graphics set to Auto, haven't tried setting it to Enabled yet.

I've also tried GraphicsEnabler=No but that didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

I'm having a similar issue installing on a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H-WB and a Zotac Nvidia GeForce 560 Ti - I had it working with Lion, but when I try and do a fresh install of Mountain Lion I get the apple screen with the little tick-mark wheel thing and then my monitor goes black but my computer is still running. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0 and I've had no luck.

EDIT:
I tried it again but this time with ONLY PCIRootUID=0 and maybe i typed something wrong before but this time it let me through.

I would boot to a usb installer and would immediatly go to black screen. I replaced the extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist from my working 10.7.2 install and put it on the usb unibeast 1.5 and install ran flawlessly after this.

now I need to just correct my ethernet drivers and sleepEnabler..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=X86_64</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>