Contribute
Register

Can not get to installer for Maverick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I did have the same issue on a Z77-DS3H mobo with 9800GT Graphics.
I could not get to the installer : got a kernel panic or black screen (monitor turns off).

Solved by copying org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist from my existing working ML install, in Extra folder on USB Key (that's an hidden folder).

i must use -x flag to install and for the first post install boot, but after multi beast install, all is fine (except iMessage, can't log in, but i'm working on it).

hope this will help

Run the updated UniBeast 3.0.1 from downloads over your UniBeast drive:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=202

Thanks very much, though when I tried to boot with the new UniBeast 3.0.1 drive, I got the same kernel panic, with or without the cpus=1 boot flag.

I think I'll try eliohann's ML plist suggestion when I get home from work, even though I'm using very different hardware. It's worth a shot, right?

I have the same problem can not I install maverick
10.8.5 works perfectly
I do not understand what the problem why stop
XCPM: REGISTERED

[h=1]Intel Pentium G3420 Dual Core CPU Socket 1150[/h]
[h=1]Gigabyte H87N-WIFI Motherboard[/h]
[h=1]Kingston KHX16C10B1R/8 8GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 HyperX Memory[/h]
[h=1]EVGA GeForce GT 640 Graphics Card (2GB, PCI Express, DVI, Mini-HDMI[/h]
[h=1]STORM SILENT 500W POWER SUPPLY[/h]
[h=1]SST-FT03S-Mini USB 3.0 Mini ITX PC Case - Silver[/h]

if there is an idea to be installed MAVERICK
Thanks a lot if anyone has an idea

Thanks very much, though when I tried to boot with the new UniBeast 3.0.1 drive, I got the same kernel panic, with or without the cpus=1 boot flag.

I think I'll try eliohann's ML plist suggestion when I get home from work, even though I'm using very different hardware. It's worth a shot, right?

So what happened, did that fix things? My hang is fairly close to yours, though I don't have the last line. I'm just sitting at hfs: mounted ... root_device.

Can you guys try using this kernel http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3647-109-mavericks-haswell-kernel/ or Clover Bootloader with KernelCPU flag (it should avoid cpu kernel panics)? http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches

I have a g3220 and I'd like to understand if it is possibile to run Mavericks on it. Hope we find a solution!

working an experimental rig with a g3220 as well, tried the kernel without the xcpm , which resolved the hang at xcpm: registered I was getting earlier, I also PMpatched the bios, did both of them together, so not quite sure which is responsible for the fix. HOWEVER the installer then hits a weird USB related issue (not sure if they are related) and hangs there. tried all bios settings for usb, diff sata ports for ssd, made sure uefi boot is turned off. still tinkering to get past this and reach actual installer.

i'll be creating another installer with the vanilla 10.9 kernel, and at that point i'll be able to narrow down what fixed the xcpm hang.

working an experimental rig with a g3220 as well, tried the kernel without the xcpm , which resolved the hang at xcpm: registered I was getting earlier, I also PMpatched the bios, did both of them together, so not quite sure which is responsible for the fix. HOWEVER the installer then hits a weird USB related issue (not sure if they are related) and hangs there. tried all bios settings for usb, diff sata ports for ssd, made sure uefi boot is turned off. still tinkering to get past this and reach actual installer.

i'll be creating another installer with the vanilla 10.9 kernel, and at that point i'll be able to narrow down what fixed the xcpm hang.

Nice! What motherboard are you using?

Haswell pentium are not supported in Mavericks and Yosemite.
However the solution is quite simple ... use Clover, in "Binary patch" --> "FakeCPUID" put 0x0106E0 that's i5 id.
In this way Mavericks and Yosemite installer start fine.

Haswell pentium are not supported in Mavericks and Yosemite.
However the solution is quite simple ... use Clover, in "Binary patch" --> "FakeCPUID" put 0x0106E0 that's i5 id.
In this way Mavericks and Yosemite installer start fine.

Can anybody confirm that? Also the exact procedure to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back