Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I can not get to the installer just a spinning wheel at the apple screen. Try with -x and it still won't load.

Attachments

• imag0070.jpg
    imag0070.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 415
I am having a similar issue after I successfully installed 10.8.5 on my build a few weeks ago -- probably the easiest install I've ever done, with zero problems, but I'm hitting a wall with Mavericks.

I'm running:
  • Pentium G3220
  • Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI
  • EVGA GeForce GT 610

Just a low-power cheap setup for HTPC use. Works great with 10.8.5, but when I try to boot with my UniBeast USB drive in verbose mode, I get the same screen as damanddd does.

Before I found this thread, I tried remaking the UniBeast drive from scratch and even used this particular machine as the one to make it on, but so far no dice. Could it be a problem with the USB drive? Or some other internal hardware?

Damanddd, are you trying to install Mavericks on an empty drive, or are you trying to upgrade from a previous install? One thing I haven't tried is installing to a blank drive, but I don't want to lose my setup from the current drive.

For what it's worth, I installed Mavericks on my GA-B75M-D3P / i5 3570K / GTX 650 Ti build with this same USB stick and it was a breeze -- works even better than before.

I'm trying to upgrade. I have the same cpu you have and a H87M-D3H motherboard.

I am using Chimera 2.2.1, UniBeast 3.0.0.

As an experiment, I pulled the startup drive from my Haswell machine and put it in my Ivy Bridge hack, which I had already successfully upgraded to Mavericks. I installed Mavericks on the Haswell drive via UniBeast and then installed all the necessary extras via MultiBeast. I rebooted to the new install and my Ivy Bridge machine had zero issues -- made it through the boot process and to the desktop. I shut it down and pulled the drive out and returned it to the Haswell build, where startup resulted in the same kernel panic in verbose mode.

I am wondering if this means that Haswell Pentium users are out of luck when it comes to Mavericks. Can anyone with the G3220 in their build confirm that they are successfully running Mavericks?

I am including a pic of my verbose boot -- this is as far as I get. I notice that after the XCPM: registered bit (which is as far as I get if not booting -x), there's something about Atheros. In my build, I swapped the Intel wifi card out for a secondhand Atheros AR9280 as per toleda's original guide. I noticed toleda has a new guide, so I'll have to take a look at that (my build worked just fine with this card under 10.8.5), but I am wondering if perhaps the wifi card is the culprit?

photo.jpg

No change for me when I try that, either with the UniBeast drive or the internal hard drive with Mavericks installed from another machine.

I tried -cpus=1 as well (do all boot flags need the '-' on the front, or only some?) just in case. Either way, it hangs at the same point in the boot process as it did in my screen shot from before.

No change for me when I try that, either with the UniBeast drive or the internal hard drive with Mavericks installed from another machine.

I tried -cpus=1 as well (do all boot flags need the '-' on the front, or only some?) just in case. Either way, it hangs at the same point in the boot process as it did in my screen shot from before.

Run the updated UniBeast 3.0.1 from downloads over your UniBeast drive:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=202

cpus=1 is the correct flag, there should be no '-' symbol used for that one.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back