Contribute
Register

can NOT get NVIDIA 460 GTX working in 10.6.8!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I bought the card EVGA Nvidia 460 GTX a few days ago, this isn't my first hackintosh... used the I Boot / Multibeast method on about 4 computers this is my 5th install... Anyway, I googled this card apparently its a bitch to get it working in Snow Leopard but the card is 100% supported in lion... Heres the problem, I have a program that i use daily that only works in Snow Leopard and I really want to keep 10.6.8

I don't want to take the card back but it is looking like i might have to... Unless someone can help me, So far heres what I have tried: install official nvidia drivers (causes kernel panic on boot), install tonymac nvidia drivers (no spinning wheel on apple bootscreen, idles for infinity), install nvidia drivers with NVEnabler from multibeast 3.7.2 (same result as tonymac nvidia drivers)...

Any other ideas? I got everything else working on this computer but graphics

Intel i5 2400k
Gigabyte GA-z68ap-D3

thats all u need to know im using 4gb ram right now but i have 16 all together the internet, and audio work 100% and i used to have the graphics working with my old nvidia 430 card but with this 460 its not working

i have the same video card, upgrade to lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back