CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi guys!

I am suffering the second evening - I can not boot into the Big Sur installation!
Clover 5126 boots, I choose to boot from the installation flash drive and after a couple of seconds the computer goes into reboot.
Tried dozens of driver and kexts combinations!
Does anyone have a working EFI for the Z170 (Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH motherboard)chipset and the 6600K processor.
I will be very grateful!
Thanks in advance!

EFI 2020-11-15 21-33-17.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I have a similar board and CPU and are facing the same issues. Currently, the installer boot just goes into a timeout. Any help or directions are appreciated.

Looks like there is no solution for Clover + Big Sur for Z170..... I made a USB flash drive with OpenCore 0.6.3 + Big Sur - the installer started without problems!

All right, at least it works with OpenCore. Would you be so kind to share your config? Thank you!

Would it be possible to share the efi folder. I am struggling with clover 5126 too. Thanks.

1. yes I am using clover 5122 for my Catalina and it works fine.
2. no i did not change bootx64. Is there a special release of that I should use?

All right, at least it works with OpenCore. Would you be so kind to share your config? Thank you!
This is my EFI. For install flash drive and for working system

1606121667443.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.7 MB · Views: 156
Perfect thanks. It's working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back