Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170m-D3H
CPU
Intal Skylake 6700
Graphics
Gigabye GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Hello everyone,

Today I have run into what seems to be a major issue (hopefuly there is a simple fix) : the PC shuts down when i try to boot into El Capitan. Verbose shows this ..
Screenshot_20161019-230850.png

Volume header appears to need "minor repairs".
I tried to run a disk repair with the USB Installer, but it wont boot either (its another problem : "Service excited with abnormal code: 255", which is new too ...)

My drive setup :
- 500GB SSD : El Cap
- 500GB SSD : W10
- 3TB HDD : Storage

I suspect Windows to mess with the OSX drive, I have installed Paragon on Windows to be able to read and write OSX drive. I removed it after someone suggested on another thread that it was a mistake (Onyx said the disk needed to be repaired so I wondered where it came from since the build was brand new).
So, I removed Paragon but the OSX drive remained visible in Windows, which I found really weird .. and now this happened .. Everything worked fine yesterday and Windows boots fine on the same machine.

Also, in the Clover menu, it no longers boots in OSX automatically after 3sec, I have to manually choose where i want to boot. I dont mind but its strange because I have not touch a thing.

Suspected things I did yesterday that might have break OSX
-Installed Malwarebyte (it may have scaned the OSX drive before I had the time to exclude it from scan ..)
-CCleaner (same as above)

So my questions are :
- First how can I fix the "Service excited with abnormal code: 255" error that I get while trying to boot with the USB Installer, so that i can repair the OSX drive
- How can I totally prevent Windows from accessing other drives in the machine (without disableing SATA ports ..)? I dont want this to happen again

All of this assuming the problem comes from Windows, but it could come from somewhere else ..
Oh and one last thing : my power button shuts down the machine after 5sec while it was instantanious before (its a setting in my bios), and my boot order now shows "Clover EFI something" now .. Can an OS mess with the BIOS settings .. ? Might be a lead

Any help would be much appreciated .. Thanks

I got similar problems caused most likely by Paragon, the only way that works for me is to boot OS X from another drive and use DiskWarrior to repair the original drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back