Contribute
Register

Can multibeast be used more than once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your mobo spec summary, you should find specific model #s for each piece of your board. Search this forum for the right kext for that part, and then check multibeast if it's an included kext. I'll warn you in advance, as someone did for me, your audio might be best not installed from multibeast. But it depends on your part #.

Hopefully as you read through the doc I mentioned, you saw your questions answered in regards to multiple uses and how to use the kexts, if you so choose to.

I will do just that...and I appreciate you helping out this 50 year old noob...

In your mobo spec summary, you should find specific model #s for each piece of your board. Search this forum for the right kext for that part, and then check multibeast if it's an included kext. I'll warn you in advance, as someone did for me, your audio might be best not installed from multibeast. But it depends on your part #.

Hopefully as you read through the doc I mentioned, you saw your questions answered in regards to multiple uses and how to use the kexts, if you so choose to.

Yes - saw that it doesn't delete other kexts, but rather overwites

OK - for my LAN, I have 2 choices:
  1. 1 x Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)(LAN1)
  2. 1 x Killer E2400 chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) (LAN2)
For audio, I see:

1. Creative® Sound Core 3D chip
  2. Support for Sound Blaster Recon3Di
  3. TI Burr Brown® OPA2134 operational amplifier
  4. High Definition Audio
  5. 2/5.1-channel
  6. Support for S/PDIF Out
So I will search here for kext's for either #1 or #2, since I'm running audio only through my displayport to my monitor's built-in audio.
For the LAN, I'm gonna have to try and find a match there as well.

Will update here if I find a solution (or if I am pulling my hair out NOT finding one)

Thanks again

Some great news! Using the Atheros ethernet driver and multibeast, got that kext installed and one terminal pasted line later, rebooted and ethernet is up and running!!

Still trying to figure out which audio driver to use from Multibeast. As of right now, my hackintosh doesn't see any output devices for audio in the system settings. Gonna have to keep digging for that. And try to understand what DSDT is...I'm clueless

No worries, I just finished my first hacki so I'm relatively new, as well.

Are you planning to use both LAN? If not, you might just figure out what each requires and only use the easier of the two to setup.

As for audio, do some searches for audio through DisplayPort as that might get you further along. Sometimes tools that other people use for their board aren't mobo specific so you can try their process.

Good luck! And it's awesome to see someone at your age trying something new. I don't know what your "regular" world looks like, but I hope I'm willing to undertake something like a first-time hacki build at that age.

No worries, I just finished my first hacki so I'm relatively new, as well.

Are you planning to use both LAN? If not, you might just figure out what each requires and only use the easier of the two to setup.

As for audio, do some searches for audio through DisplayPort as that might get you further along. Sometimes tools that other people use for their board aren't mobo specific so you can try their process.

Good luck! And it's awesome to see someone at your age trying something new. I don't know what your "regular" world looks like, but I hope I'm willing to undertake something like a first-time hacki build at that age.

Appreciate it - got the killer ethernet working as above, so I'm more than happy with that since I can't see myself needing to use both LAN ports.

Will definitely do some displayport searching - since that is where the speakers are (through my EVGA GTX 980 Ti card), hopefully there will be an easy solution. I was able to download and install the nVidia drivers for the 980 pretty easily and without any fuss, so perhaps the audio portion will work as well (and easily!)

I've been an Apple computer guy since back in 7th grade when I got my Apple ][+...but never did any real digging inside the case. Building the hack has really been a lot of fun - I'm a doc (OBGYN) in real life, so I'm pretty good with my hands. The build was pretty smooth - any given cable really can only go one place, so not too many hiccups in the build. Just took my time, and use a BIG case to give me as much room to route wires as I could ask for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back