Contribute
Register

Can Mojave be installed on Ivy Bridge with Nvidia graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-M Pro
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So a while back i tried to make a bootable USB on a Mac Book Air and for whatever reason it failed to make a bootable USB like 100 times so i eventually gave up and tried to use VMware and it eventually started working. I can make a bootable USB in VMware. Anyways I later found out that Nvidia graphics don't seem to work on Mojave or at least there isn't an easy way to get them working. My system isn't what i would consider ideal for hackintosh stuff but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get it working and booting. i got it to install once and was able to get to the desktop but after rebooting a few times it stopped showing up in the clover boot loader. I did everything official and how the guides said and in the end I had to reinstall. Should i try and use High Sierra instead?

Also the error i got in clover said something about EFI signature error or invalid. i'm not sure why that happened because i disabled secure boot and set it to "other os". The keys were unloaded too.

Last edited:
I had Mojave working on a GA-Z77X-UD5H (and 3570k) with an GTX-650 I think, I can't recall exactly. I'm not entirely sure if the GTX 9xx series would work out of box, but I think 6xx and 7xx series will work since those were used in some iMacs and are still officially supported by Apple.

I had Mojave working on a GA-Z77X-UD5H (and 3570k) with an GTX-650 I think, I can't recall exactly. I'm not entirely sure if the GTX 9xx series would work out of box, but I think 6xx and 7xx series will work since those were used in some iMacs and are still officially supported by Apple.
I see. Sadly I don't have an older card laying around to test with. Is HD4000 still supported in Mojave?

Yes, it is. I have 10.14.6 running on a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard with an i7-3770K CPU using HD4000 graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back