Contribute
Register

Can I use ANY PCIe adapter with AzureWave mPCIe card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Going Bald!

I'm going to try and get it. I can't buy anything from Amazon, Newegg, anywhere really as they won't ship to South Africa. Hopefully Hong Kong will.

Cheers.

Hey Going Bald.

So I've got the card, but I can't for the life of me find the right driver for it. Any idea where I should be looking?

Drivers for that card are built-in to macOS.

I should have explained better.

I bought a X299 motherboard, so I will have to run Windows 10 for a while. I'm struggling to get Windows to see the Bluetooth part of the card. I managed to get the Wifi working, but I'm really stumped on how to make Windows recognise and use the Bluetooth functionality.

Thanks in advance!

I should have explained better.

I bought a X299 motherboard, so I will have to run Windows 10 for a while. I'm struggling to get Windows to see the Bluetooth part of the card. I managed to get the Wifi working, but I'm really stumped on how to make Windows recognise and use the Bluetooth functionality.

Thanks in advance!
Download the bootcamp windows drivers and install them. It will take a little research and digging, but they are there and they work with Sierra on X99, so they should eventually work with X299

Thanks Going Bald.

Tried that. The network card is working, using the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter driver. But I can't get the Bluetooth to work. I've installed the Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth driver, but it doesn't recognize the card.

Could it be that I installed the wires wrong? Is there a specific order in which they should be installed? I didn't receive any documentation with the card and adapter, so assembled it in the most logical way.

Thanks Going Bald.

Tried that. The network card is working, using the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter driver. But I can't get the Bluetooth to work. I've installed the Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth driver, but it doesn't recognize the card.

Could it be that I installed the wires wrong? Is there a specific order in which they should be installed? I didn't receive any documentation with the card and adapter, so assembled it in the most logical way.
I pulled the card to take a couple of pictures for you. The connectors being on the under side of the card once it is installed you must connect the wires first, then insert the card into the slot and install the screw. Here is the way mine is connected:
IMG_0538.JPG
and from the back you can see, from top left to bottom right the antenna are for WiFI, BT, WiFi, WiFi
IMG_0537.JPG

Thanks for this. My setup looks exactly the same.

Anyhow, I see that there are people who've managed to hack the X299, so I'm going to start attempting the hack myself. Hopefully once MacOS is up and running, it will work OOB.

Thanks again for all your help Going Bald. Keep well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back