3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Like said in title, can I use the RX 6950 XT on my mackintosh. I currently have the RX 6800XT but it is giving random issues with display on HDMI and my LG OLED TV so I ordered the above card.

Like said in title, can I use the RX 6950 XT on my mackintosh. I currently have the RX 6800XT but it is giving random issues with display on HDMI and my LG OLED TV so I ordered the above card.
think you would have to spoof it like the XTH versions

Card arrived today, put it on and it does not boot, verbose mode just runs continuously and is so fast that I cannot see any errors to post. It just keeps running in verbose for like 10 minutes until I turned off PC and put the 6800XT back

As said, you need to spoof a 6900 XT (device-id 0x73bf). There are many examples in the 6800 XT thread—and if you find someone with a 6900 XTXH in the same motherboard and the same slot as yours, his settings apply equally.

The spoof may be applied by OpenCore from Device Properties, for which you need the PCI path to the GPU. But this requires that all items in the underlying ACPI path are properly named, which usually requires a SSDT to name some PCI bridges (SSDT-BRG0 template). If this is the case, it is also possible to apply the spoof in the SSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back