GeForce 210
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My 2006 intel iMac with Mac OS X 10.6 graphics chip died can i use the hard drive with the installation in a hackintosh.

My 2006 intel iMac with Mac OS X 10.6 graphics chip died can i use the hard drive with the installation in a hackintosh.
You'd have to use much older hardware than the latest 2-300 series to run Snow Leopard. In general Sandy Bridge or older Core 2 Duo systems.

Last edited:
the imac was a core duo and the pc i want the hackintosh on is a core 2 duo from 2008

the imac was a core duo and the pc i want the hackintosh on is a core 2 duo from 2008
What brand of motherboard is the Core 2 Duo installed on ?

Its a dell optiplex 760 i guess its a Intel Q43 Express

Its a dell optiplex 760 i guess its a Intel Q43 Express
That could possibly work. Search this site for some Snow Leopard guides for that Dell 760 machine. I would use a new HDD or SSD and install Snow Leopard clean on that first. See if you can get it working. Then you can migrate from the old iMac HDD. Id' imagine it's over 10 years old now ? Wouldn't expect it to last much longer.

That could possibly work. Search this site for some Snow Leopard guides for that Dell 760 machine. I would use a new HDD or SSD and install Snow Leopard clean on that first. See if you can get it working. Then you can migrate from the old iMac HDD. Id' imagine it's over 10 years old now ? Wouldn't expect it to last much longer.

I have a snow leopard drive and can get my haswell pentium to run using clover and in ACPI tables drop OEM.

It’s not ideal but you should be able to just add clover or use a Clover USB drive to run the OS on a hackintosh. The core2duo is a good choice and a gt 210 would be good for graphics.

I have a snow leopard drive and can get my haswell pentium to run using clover and in ACPI tables drop OEM.

It’s not ideal but you should be able to just add clover or use a Clover USB drive to run the OS on a hackintosh. The core2duo is a good choice and a gt 210 would be good for graphics.
How do make a clover drive on windows and configure bios

Buy a 120 GB SSD https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820177029
Perform a clean install of Snow Leopard and use the Chimera Boot loader. The SSD will give you a nice speed boost to make SL run much faster. You'll need to install from the Snow Leopard DVD. https://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html Use iBoot 3.3.0 to be able to boot from for the install.

You'll also need one of these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00498305G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 installed in the 760 for compatible graphics to run Snow Leopard.

Last edited:
Can that 210 be used in a slim form factor i have the thin 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back