Gigabyte Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

Gonna use a sata dvd drive tonight and try and install. Is it possible to install with motherboard dvi connection then boot or upgrade with graphics card then use vga out?

Robert

Components
Apple OS X Snow Leopard DVD @ Apple Store
Apple OS X Mountain Lion @ Mac Apps Store
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
Intel Core i3 3225 Processor 3.3 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
Corsair 8 GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB Hard Drive
Asus EN210 GF 210 1gb
Philips Lite-On DH-24ABS62B

Already Owned
Dell Dimension 5100 Case (Heavily Modded)
Philips 19" LCD VGA Flatscreen Monitor
Dell Wired Keyboard
Del Wired Mouse

Almost there, still have not got to the install screen. I was getting errors(kernel panics?), which possibly was from my external drive. Unplugged everything and rebooted according to instructions (with a SATA DVD drive and blank HDD, keyboard, mouse). Now I'm Getting a disc read error (no kernel panics,VGA may be working), so looks like i still have something plugged in the wrong spot maybe, the upside is I am a little closer.

Robert

I was told that about my graphics card as well, then somebody said I may have difficulties so I have ruled it out. I need the card as I am stuck with VGA as I have about 10 different monitors at my disposal yet none have DVI.

I need to Install Snow leopard first using ivybridge iBoot, I believe. I only have the install DVD for Snow Leopard from the Apple store, and I don't have Mountain lion yet as I only have a 32 bit Dell Mini 10, and no way to purchase . Been following the instructions and asking for help when needed.

Robert

Thanks Hacman :headbang:,

Now to figure out what to install/settings to use from Multibeast and backup before I apply the 10.8.2 update. Gonna trawl the forums until I can figure it out nefore I restart. Will look into getting HDMI audio(dont care about quality) working as well but not essential just convenient.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back