i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks, I have a '2014 build' Mac Pro Hackintosh and am experiencing problems trying to get two monitors to work.

I have always used 1 monitor, but have recently acquired some spare monitors and have decided to see if I can use one as a 2nd monitor for my Hackintosh.

I have just connected the 2nd monitor via VGA (the main monitor uses DVI), but I cannot seem to get it working, despite following this guide:
... I have unchecked "Displays have separate spaces" in Mission Control.

When I tried to boot it up with both monitors connected, I saw the Gibabyte logo flash up on the 2nd monitor, but it wasn't stable. It would show the logo, then some white text, and then go black, and then repeat this process over and over... until I unplugged the VGA connecting the 2nd monitor... and then it would boot up normally on the 1st monitor only.
... This happened both before and after I followed the steps in the above guide. Also, I did try both a log out and a restart after following the guide.

Looking in System Pref. I can't see an option in 'Displays' to activate/use the 2nd monitor.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks for reading

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H,
CPU: Intel i7-4770K Haswell,
HD1: Samsung SSD 120 GB,
HD2: Samsung SSD 500 GB,
RAM: 2 x Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 16GB DDR3,
WiFi card: TP-Link N900 (TL-WDN4800)

Last edited:
Hey! Ive been running on 10.9 and I couldn't get a VGA monitor working also.:thumbdown

I have received some feedback on another forum. Apparently VGA is no longer supported Mac.

I have been advised to change my 'System Definition' to iMac 14,2 and test additional monitor using HDMI or Displayport. When I get my hands on a Displayport cable I will let you know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back