Contribute
Register

Can i update to Sierra without any issues from Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRIVERS ARE INSTALLED!!! im booting to my Yosemite install using the unibeast USB drive, because it has clover.
i'm going by your post #65 where you are disabling nvidia web driver by using nv_disable=1. Thats why i said to use nvda_drv=1

No t

that was to get into Yosemite to chsnfe definition
look, it doesn't matter if hardware acceleration doesn't work at the moment as you are going to update to sierra. Get your sierra working before we get to page 9! :) then worry about your drivers after

look, it doesn't matter if hardware acceleration doesn't work at the moment as you are going to update to sierra. Get your sierra working before we get to page 9! :) then worry about your drivers after
This is my latest issue. any ideas? IMG_20161007_222135919_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161007_222135919_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161007_222135919_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 148
Ok so now the issue is its working fine, but only one monitor works? And thsts my dvi-i/VGA 1366x768 monitor

Use HDMI or DVI not VGA.

Download macOS Sierra (quit the App, compress it and back it up)
Download and run UniBeast to your computer specs, i.e graphics.
When UniBeast completes, restart pressing F12 - select your UEFI UniBeast drive.
At the Clover boot screen select your Yosemite drive and test booting it.
You've installed the web drivers for your 750 but the UniBeast default is nv_disable=1 so you won't have accelerated graphics unless you change the boot argument to nvda_drv=1
If you are able to boot consistently, you can begin to remove old files/kexts.
When you're happy boot your Yosemite drive with UniBeast and run the Install.app in /Applications.
When it reboots select Install macOS from your Yosemite drive.

Hi...
I would try to install Sierra directly on my Yosemite drive.

I tried to follow these steps, but I stopped to "At the Clover boot screen select your Yosemite drive and test booting it".

I don't know why, but when I select the unibeast-Uefi drive, the only one bootable drive that i can select is the USB pen itself.

What's it wrong? Why i can't see my own mac OS bootable drive?

Ok so now the issue is its working fine, but only one monitor works? And thsts my dvi-i/VGA 1366x768 monitor

im also curious about going down this path for my yosemite install (see sig for my current system)
how did it work out for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back