hi
this is my system
clover v2.3k rev 3944

CPU i7-6700K
motherboard GBYTE-Z170X-UD5 TH S1151
64gb ram 2400 mhz ddr4
nvidia geforce gtx 970 4095mb
i use a firewire card for my soundcard for pro tools

at the moment i am on el capitan , am i ok to upgrade to mojave or even high sierra ? any reason to think i will have problems ? thanks

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I would think High Sierra would work, but I would back up your El Cap disk to another just in case. You may have to redo some USB configuration but there are Web drivers for that card in High Sierra.

Motherboard
GBYTE-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
nvidia geforce gtx 970 4095 mb
thank you!!!
could you explain better what configurations and where i can find the guide for them ?
also can i do this on another partition of the same disk i have el capitan ?

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
thank you!!!
could you explain better what configurations and where i can find the guide for them ?
also can i do this on another partition of the same disk i have el capitan ?
I'm still trying to get USB working on my system (High Sierra 10.3.6 and Mojave) so I'm not sure. I did run a 1050ti in High Sierra with the Nvidia Web Drivers. There is a guide under post installation.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700k Coffe Lake
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX560
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
hi
this is my system
clover v2.3k rev 3944

CPU i7-6700K
motherboard GBYTE-Z170X-UD5 TH S1151
64gb ram 2400 mhz ddr4
nvidia geforce gtx 970 4095mb
i use a firewire card for my soundcard for pro tools

at the moment i am on el capitan , am i ok to upgrade to mojave or even high sierra ? any reason to think i will have problems ? thanks
HS and Mojave doesn't play so well with some Nvidia cards, so perhaps just check other success stories with the 970.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GBYTE-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
thanks for your reply, could you please tell me where I could find those stories ? Im new here
thanks a lot!!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000 + GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
thanks for your reply, could you please tell me where I could find those stories ? Im new here
thanks a lot!!!
  • Only a limited number of Nvidia PCIE Graphics cards are Natively Supported in Mojave and your Nvidia GTX 970 is NOT one of them.
  • To install and use Mojave successfully, you have to Physically REMOVE Nvidia GTX 970 from the PCIE socket.
    • In that case you can use Intel HD 530 from your i7-6700K
    • Or you can buy a PCIE Video Card that is natively supported in Mojave from current AMDs or some older Nvidia that is still nativelly supported like Nvidia GTX 650 to GTX 690 and some Nvidia GT like 710 which have Kepler architecture .
  • If you want to have your current Nvidia GTX 970 and still want to run Hackintosh, you can choose macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.
  • If you decide to install macOS High Sierra with no change to your current hardware, after Hard disk Install of High Sierra, you need to install Nvidia Web driver . In that case , read the exact steps to install Nvidia Web driver before launching the downloaded driver to avoid problems .
  • You can get the link to get web driver from Tonymac Downloads for the version of macOS High Sierra you are going to install.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GBYTE-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
hi!
this is beginning to make sense! :) however - again as Im new and not very hacking-friendly - im struggling a little ...
so thank you all for your patience with me here :)
if I got it right you are sayiing that i could replacemy graphic card with a new one like the 710 ( what is the kemple ? ) and instal mojave with no problem? what are the chances that some other components of my machine would stop working with mojave ?
if i was buying a brand new card what would be the best one for me at this stage ? - im using 3 displays ( this is why i need an extra card and cant just rely on my motherboard )

if i was going for high sierra, are we sure that all the other components are going to work ?( i mainly have a firewire card for my external soundcard , wifi card and bluetooth dongle.

also if i got it right if i want to instal HS shall i just start the High sierra installation disc image from the app store ? why do you mention mojave in your 4th point where you talk about installing high sierra? what is the "web driver" ? and where can i find the steps to instal it ? thanks so much!!!!!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000 + GT 710
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
hi!
this is beginning to make sense! :) however - again as Im new and not very hacking-friendly - im struggling a little ...
so thank you all for your patience with me here :)
if I got it right you are sayiing that i could replacemy graphic card with a new one like the 710 ( what is the kemple ? ) and instal mojave with no problem? what are the chances that some other components of my machine would stop working with mojave ?
if i was buying a brand new card what would be the best one for me at this stage ? - im using 3 displays ( this is why i need an extra card and cant just rely on my motherboard )

if i was going for high sierra, are we sure that all the other components are going to work ?( i mainly have a firewire card for my external soundcard , wifi card and bluetooth dongle.

also if i got it right if i want to instal HS shall i just start the High sierra installation disc image from the app store ? why do you mention mojave in your 4th point where you talk about installing high sierra? what is the "web driver" ? and where can i find the steps to instal it ? thanks so much!!!!!!
  • Your Hardware listed in your Profile ( MoBo+CPU+Nvidia PCIE Graphics) is ready for macOS High Sierra (including its latest version 10.13.6.) installation without having to remove any hardware from inside the case.
  • If you take this route, the only requirement you have is to Install Nvidia Web driver for the specific version of macOS High Sierra on the HARD DISK (not the installer Flash drive) after the installation of the High Sierra Operating system installation is successfully completed on that Hard disk.
  • The Nvidia web driver is required to get the full Video Resolution that PCIE Graphics is capable of giving you in macOS High Sierra.
  • The Nvidia Web driver installation is little picky in the way it has to be be done. Therefore, I gave you a heads up to read all the required steps to know in what sequence you have to do the installation BEFORE you click and launch the downloaded web driver. Just as an example for this "odd behavior" is the fact that in most driver installations in Hackintosh(drivers are called kexts in Mac), we normally have to DISABLE System Integrity Protection in CLOVER/ config.plist . But in the case of Nvidia Web driver Installation , you have to First ENABLE SIP. After installation and reboot, you will then DISABLE SIP. If you miss this step Web Driver may not get installed properly and you may even get logged out of the system! There are several other details which I cannot include here as it is inappropriate for the topic we have started with.
If you really want to install Mojave , you have to REMOVE the current Non-supported Nvidia GTX 970 .

• Since you want to use 3 Displays and may want to go for a High End Graphic card, you can search current AMD Cards that are supported.
  • Suggestion of specific hardware is off topic in this Mojave Desktop Support Forum .
  • You can find a lot of help in Graphics section by clicking Forum>Post-installation Graphics
  • Regarding your Firewire Sound Card, you should check Audio Section of the Forum Audio

Motherboard
GBYTE-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
thanks a lot cmn699!!!
i think ill go with sierra for now! please bare with me a little more as I think we are very close ! :)
what do i need to install high sierra ? where can i find the right installer ? is there any DUMB proof guide anywhere ? would you have a link to it ? also is there such guide for all the clover instructions ?
where can i find the nvidia web driver ?
one more thing is really bugging me... i cant seem to get the thunderbolt working. it has worked probably 2/3 times ... randomly over 2 years of use, but after a reboot it went again. any ideas?
thank you!!!!!