Contribute
Register

Can I update from 10.13 to 10.13.6 directly using a standard HDD (non SSD)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell E6530 (bios A20) – Clover UEFI
CPU
I7-3540M
Graphics
HD4000/Nvidia5200M
Hi, everybody.
2 weeks ago I decided to test high sierra on my Dell E6530 (which is also running Windows10 and Fedora28). I managed to install high sierra 10.13 and then after 2 more updates: security update 2017-001 and iTunes 12.08. Then, I got a new update software available message (for 10.13.6). I tried to install it but I couldn't. Now, I can see a new Install folder on clover as a boot option but when I run it the installation does not finish. So I tried to go for 10.13.2, download it from Mac website, ran it and received a message ' Mac 10.13.2 cannot install on this disk. In order to upgrade to a new version of MAC visit...' , here they talk about fusion drives. Then I tried to install 10.13 supplemental update, but after installing it and reloading Mac OS I received an error message saying my pc has recovered from an error. Please, I need some advice on what I should focus first so I can tackle this issues one by one. Thank you

Yes, you can. No need to update to a version in the middle, you should be able to go straight to 10.13.6 (via Mac App Store, Combo Update or running the full installer).
Make sure Clover + kexts are up-to-date as a start.

If you need help, attach "Problem Reporting" files.
You may use gen_debug.sh to automate the process, just make sure you press F2 + F4 in Clover before running the script.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you for your reply. Once clover was updated, installing directly to 10.13.6 was successful. Unfortunately, something is wrong with my setup (graphics for sure). I can login but only is safe mode and deactivating all injected kexts. I'll post new questions on the post installation issues section.

Info updated. Thank you

Info updated. Thank you

Still missing chipset info (Ivy Bridge CPU could be supported by either 7-series or 6-series).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back