Graphics
GTX 670 Direct CUII
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello. I have just installed my hackintosh with Snow leopard and updated it to 10.6.8. Now I want to update it to 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion) and I wonder if this is possible? If yes, could you tell me how or maybe refer me to another website via links or something similar?
My specs are these:
GFX: GTX 670
MOBO: Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3
CPU: Intel i7 2600K

(Sorry for this question, I am rather a noob when coming to MAC..)

1.make a backup working copy of current system on separate partition or disk.
2.Research your motherboard on the forum this includes looking for a dsdt. Use search on this page. See spy glass.
3. You have Asus Z68 board. There are a number of threads specific to Asus z68 1155. There are also articles.
Click on articles and it will give you a list of them and look in hardware section.
4. Yes your setup should work although not as easily as a Gigabyte board.

I would not update. I had bad luck myself. I ended up booting from the Mountain Lion USB, wiping the hard drive using disk utility, then doing a fresh install....

In your case, do as potemkim suggest and back up your current install.

The great thing about Mac OS is that you can drag/drop from the old Applications folder to the new install's Application folder and it works just fine. Same for Documents folder, and etc. In other words, under Windows, you'd normally have to completely reinstall an application; here you can just drag and drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back