Contribute
Register

Can I test Clover (Unibeast 6) to start Mavericks on HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev. 1.1
CPU
i5-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am used to have Chimera 2... and MacOS10.9.5 on a HDD.
Now I would like to test Clover - I plan to use Unibeast 6 (which uses Clover, but is intended to be used for installing 10.10 or 10.11), just to test Cloverfrom a USB-Stick (not installing it yet anywhere else).

Would that be possible - I mean since that Unibeast 6 is not indended for Mavericks at all, right? (But Unibeast 5 uses Chimera).

Yes - forum search is your friend - key words Test Drive Clover

Thanks for the answer, but meanwhile I tried about 6 slightly different approaches - it doesn't work for me.
I tried UEFI and Legacy, different or none (optional) graphics. I could get Clover to be visible at the screen, I tried to start most different options, of course starting MacOS X from my HDD (with MacOS 10.9.5 on it), but it didn't work. It neither worked when selecting starting from USB or EFI (on that USB).
So, perhaps the Clover on (yesterday) loaded Unibeast 6 doesn't want my HDD, or I am too stupid, or both.

Yes - forum search is your friend - key words Test Drive Clover

... and I thought Google was my friend.

I meanwhile was able to test Clover - I might have done anything wrong, but later used the newly bought USB stick to test macOS 10.11, and I used may chance to even load macOS10.12/Sierra within this test... Since nothing worked using Unibeast 6 (not 5) on my macOS10.9 system, I thought Unibeast 6 and macOS10.9 might not be compatible to test Clover... so, i tried again 10.11, but it worked only after I made some backups and made a free partition on an external USB hdd, then - with usb stick (unibeast 6) and installing 10.11 on the usb hdd, it somehow worked ... (system changed from MacPro3.1 to iMac13,2 - hope that is OK, at least I could directly download 10.12/Sierra).

now I try to get to get Sierra running...
Thanks for the support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back