Contribute
Register

Can i run Snow Leopard on a HP Pavilion DV7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte ep43t-usb 3.0
CPU
intel q core q9650 , 3ghz
Graphics
nvidia GTX460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, i have this laptop : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... ct=4247373

Can i install Snow Leopard on my laptop?
I try to install with iboot and MAC OS X Snow Leopard Install DVD Retail 10.6.3.200 but it give me the panic screen. I not have in bios the AHCI option.
Please help me , thank you!

i have a dv7t-4100, almost the same, i got 10.6.3 running using iboot legacy, but every time i upgrade to 10.6.7 or 8, i get acpi_smc bla bla wait for service timed out. idk where to go from here

did you modify something in bios ? I use iboot too and 10.6.3....
Can you tell me please the steps?

no,nothing, i can't modify my bios, no option for me to. i just have a copy of 10.6.3, i downloaded iboot from the download page, and that one wouldn't make anything start, so i downloaded iboot legacy from the download page, and ran that, was able to install 10.6.3, but i have to keep the cd in to have it start up.

now everytime i update, use mutlibeast, i doesn't start up anymore, and can't seem to find any info anywhere about getting lion on my dv7

I succesfuly install 10.6.3 with iboot legacy and this comand before boot :
cpus=1 busratio=17 acrh=i386 -v -f

But i con not upgrade to 10.6.8 and with 10.6.3 i can not how to fix my video card and to start osx without iboot legacy CD.
Anyone know how to fix it?

Sorry for my english!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back