Contribute
Register

Can I install Yosemite in HP PB 4430s by Unibeast and then use the Probook Installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4430s
CPU
i5-2540M @2.50GHz
Graphics
Intel Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I am new in the whole Hackintosh world, I have an HP Probook 4430s and was running OS Mavericks with the Unibeast method. It was very simple and user-friendly.

On the other hand, the Clover Yosemite method is not. I would like to upgrade to Yosemite but I dont think I am capable of doing everything of Clover due to my inexperience.

Can I install Yosemite with the Unibeast method and the use the Probook installer and will I be able to use it? Or will I have to stick to Mavericks and wait?

Thanks.

mariogmac

Hello,
I am new in the whole Hackintosh world, I have an HP Probook 4430s and was running OS Mavericks with the Unibeast method. It was very simple and user-friendly.

On the other hand, the Clover Yosemite method is not. I would like to upgrade to Yosemite but I dont think I am capable of doing everything of Clover due to my inexperience.

Trust me, I used to think the same, I was resistant enough to move to clover however it is one of the easiest and more friendly method I've ever used. Just to tell you I have been hackintoshing since SnowLeaopard era.

Just try it out, read the sticky guide, don't do anything, read it again, dont do anything and read it again and think about doing it then.

Can I install Yosemite with the Unibeast method and the use the Probook installer and will I be able to use it? Or will I have to stick to Mavericks and wait?

Thanks.

mariogmac

Wait for what? Most developers around moved to Clover. Its the new thing in town. You will not find much support here other than Clover in my opinion.

Regards,

Trust me, I used to think the same, I was resistant enough to move to clover however it is one of the easiest and more friendly method I've ever used. Just to tell you I have been hackintoshing since SnowLeaopard era.

Just try it out, read the sticky guide, don't do anything, read it again, dont do anything and read it again and think about doing it then.

Wait for what? Most developers around moved to Clover. Its the new thing in town. You will not find much support here other than Clover in my opinion.

Regards,

Thank you for answering my doubt.

Now that I know that I would try to do it.
I will suggest that for inexperienced people like me, this site or someone could offer some videos at least guiding you how to do it with the Probook Installer method, because it is very different than Multibeast.

Another question that I have is performance wise.
Will my computer run slower if I hackintosh it?

Regards

Thank you for answering my doubt.

Now that I know that I would try to do it.
I will suggest that for inexperienced people like me, this site or someone could offer some videos at least guiding you how to do it with the Probook Installer method, because it is very different than Multibeast.

Don't confuse with Probook Installer as an installation method. It is not an installation method. Read the step by step guide here http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Another question that I have is performance wise.
Will my computer run slower if I hackintosh it?
Regards

I can't answer that, plus you did not have your machine configuration in signature/profile.

Don't confuse with Probook Installer as an installation method. It is not an installation method. Read the step by step guide here http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I can't answer that, plus you did not have your machine configuration in signature/profile.

Can you help me, I am stuck.
In the part where i have to extract Config.rar and then select right config.plist and copy to EFI/Clover

I dont understand it, the part to "select right config.plist and copy to EFI/Clover

Would you be so kind on helping me?
It would be really convenient if you could help me through the process, maybe via Skype?t

thanks,
mariogmac

In the part where i have to extract Config.rar and then select right config.plist and copy to EFI/Clover

I dont understand it, the part to "select right config.plist and copy to EFI/Clover

It would be really convenient if you could help me through the process, maybe via Skype?t

thanks,
mariogmac

What part is confusing? It is basic copy/paste using Finder.

thanks,
mariogmac

Select the right config.plist based on your processor and screen resolution.

For example:
-If your processor is Sandy Bridge (iX-2xxx) select HD3000 with the matching resolution**
-If your processor is Ivy Bridge (iX-3xxx) select HD4000 with the matching resolution
-etc.

**Most likely your configuration with an HP 4430s (I don't know all the various 4430s model specs, so it could be different)

This basic config.plist will enable you to boot. Once in OS X, Running ProBook Installer Clover Edition (with the right selections based on your hardware) will modify your config.plist to enable sound, networking, etc.

Good Luck,
-bth

What part is confusing? It is basic copy/paste using Finder.

Now that you are here, I got stuck again lol.

I did everything and then when I booted into the Clover bootloader, it appeared to boot Windows on Legacy HD1 or HD2 i believe.

I used the simple mode for the usb. Not the manual way

Maybe that is the problem?

thanks

Select the right config.plist based on your processor and screen resolution.

For example:
-If your processor is Sandy Bridge (iX-2xxx) select HD3000 with the matching resolution**
-If your processor is Ivy Bridge (iX-3xxx) select HD4000 with the matching resolution
-etc.

**Most likely your configuration with an HP 4430s (I don't know all the various 4430s model specs, so it could be different)

This basic config.plist will enable you to boot. Once in OS X, Running ProBook Installer Clover Edition (with the right selections based on your hardware) will modify your config.plist to enable sound, networking, etc.

Good Luck,
-bth

thank you very much! this really helped!
mariogmac

Now that you are here, I got stuck again lol.

I did everything and then when I booted into the Clover bootloader, it appeared to boot Windows on Legacy HD1 or HD2 i believe.

I used the simple mode for the usb. Not the manual way

Maybe that is the problem?

thanks

I don't understand... tell us which step you're on and what the issue is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back