Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i have following os.
mac
Ubuntu
win7

i want to install xp.. is it possible??
reply if u know.

Yes, why not. As long as there are drivers for 4530s devices I cannot see any reason that will not work.

Check HERE. It can be done but I think you have start over from the beginning.

nikstar said:
Check HERE. It can be done but I think you have start over from the beginning.

Before you start over from the beginning! I think you would be able to boot into OSX and use disk utility to select one of your existing partitions and separate that partition into 2 separate partitions and install XP onto one and reinstall whatever you had to delete.

For example:

Select your Win7 partition in disk utility
Click partition
Choose 2 partitions (both formatted for windows)
Format

You should be able to keep Ubuntu and OSX. You'll have to reinstall Win7 but that's a breeze and XP doesn't take long either (you'll need to download the drivers from HP)

Hope this helps!

Why? Just run it in a virtual machine, I personally don't get why people need 3 or 4 OSs on their laptops. Seems overkill to me.

i have following os.
mac
Ubuntu
win7

i want to install xp.. is it possible??
reply if u know.

Possibly but I would imagine that you'd wind up doing your whole system from scratch. It's an idiot thing to do... you'd be better off trying to set up a virtual box inside of Ubuntu. Being much more primitive than the other three operating systems, XP has issues coping with new tech, espeically things like SATA, extremely large hard drives, and a host of other tech that's more modern than the Stone Age.

And for the love of mike, why would you want to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back