Contribute
Register

Can I install Windows after macOS with Opencore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8300 CMT
CPU
i5-3475S
Graphics
RX 460
Hi! I am trying to figure out if it is possible to install Windows after macOS on the same drive with Opencore. The guide by Dortania that I followed to configure my Hackintosh requires Windows already installed and I haven't installed it anywhere.
Can I install Windows, for example, by using the normal bootcamp utility in macOS?

Bootcamp does not work with non-Mac hardware. Disconnect the Mac OS drive, connect drive for Windows, install Windows, shutdown, reconnect Mac OS drive, boot to BIOS/UEFI and set BBS boot order to boot Mac OS drive first - save&exit, continue boot.

Bootcamp does not work with non-Mac hardware. Disconnect the Mac OS drive, connect drive for Windows, install Windows, shutdown, reconnect Mac OS drive, boot to BIOS/UEFI and set BBS boot order to boot Mac OS drive first - save&exit, continue boot.
Will boot priority
1 Opencore
2 Mac
3 Windows
be okay?

Did I make an EFI on my Windows SSD that I shouldn’t have? It’s the same as my Mac SSD.
Windows 10 installer will create an EFI partition it installed UEFI mode. This partition contains the Windows boot files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back