Contribute
Register

Can I install Windows after macOS with Opencore?

Motherboard
HP 8300 CMT
CPU
i5-3475S
Graphics
RX 460
Hi! I am trying to figure out if it is possible to install Windows after macOS on the same drive with Opencore. The guide by Dortania that I followed to configure my Hackintosh requires Windows already installed and I haven't installed it anywhere.
Can I install Windows, for example, by using the normal bootcamp utility in macOS?

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Bootcamp does not work with non-Mac hardware. Disconnect the Mac OS drive, connect drive for Windows, install Windows, shutdown, reconnect Mac OS drive, boot to BIOS/UEFI and set BBS boot order to boot Mac OS drive first - save&exit, continue boot.

Motherboard
GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Bootcamp does not work with non-Mac hardware. Disconnect the Mac OS drive, connect drive for Windows, install Windows, shutdown, reconnect Mac OS drive, boot to BIOS/UEFI and set BBS boot order to boot Mac OS drive first - save&exit, continue boot.
Will boot priority
1 Opencore
2 Mac
3 Windows
be okay?

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Did I make an EFI on my Windows SSD that I shouldn’t have? It’s the same as my Mac SSD.
Windows 10 installer will create an EFI partition it installed UEFI mode. This partition contains the Windows boot files.