Contribute
Register

Can I install Sierra on ASUS H81M-K | Intel Pentium CPU 3260 @ 3.30 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GT 630?

Motherboard
ASUS H81M-K
CPU
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, everybody!

I'd like to know if it's possible to install MacOS Sierra on my PC:
  • ASUS H81M-K
  • Intel Pentium CPU 3260 @ 3.30 GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
  • 8 GB RAM
If yes, is someone so kind to tell me exactly how to do that? I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance!

Motherboard
ASUS H81M-K
CPU
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Pentium processors are not supported by macOS; you need a Core i3/i5/i7 processor.
Thank you for your answer! One more question: Do I have a chance to make El Capitan work on my system, or it has the same requirements?

Motherboard
ASUS H81M-K
CPU
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Pretty much the same.
Thanks for that info! I managed to install Mountain Lion. Although I know I have little chances of success, I'll try to upgrade it to Sierra.

Motherboard
Asus Z170-A
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro RX460 4GB (Modified vBios)
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Pentium processors are not supported by macOS; you need a Core i3/i5/i7 processor.

This is not true, with a few patches and kexts you can use a Pentium CPU in macOS Sierra, with a dedicated graphics card. For example, the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed as well as FakeCPUID (In Clover) + FakePCIID.kext. If you have Clover Configurator, then FakeCPUID can be changed, and you can also tick KernelXCPM to fix some AVX instructions.

Motherboard
G31M-ES2C v2.0
CPU
Pentium E5500
Graphics
NVIDIA GT630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is not true, with a few patches and kexts you can use a Pentium CPU in macOS Sierra, with a dedicated graphics card. For example, the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is needed as well as FakeCPUID (In Clover) + FakePCIID.kext. If you have Clover Configurator, then FakeCPUID can be changed, and you can also tick KernelXCPM to fix some AVX instructions.
Can i install El Capitan 10.11.6 on my PC? I use Pentium E5500 and my mainboard not have AHCI option.
Sound: ALC883
LAN: AR8132
Thanks.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 390 Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core i5 2400s
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Actually there are fixes for no AHCI motherboards. All you would need to do is get a few kexts by searching on google “no ahci fix”. I have had success with my pentium installing El Capitan. I recommend installing Mavericks first and upgrading to El Capitan.