Contribute
Register

Can i install mac OS Sierra on my dell inspiron 15 3558 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello , hope you guys have a good day!
actually , i have a laptop , its a dell inspiron 15 3558. And i wanted to install mac osx sierra.i want to know which things that will work and donot work.

i5 5200U
920m GPU
500 gb hdd
intel wifi cards.
synaptics track pad

already i know these things does not work:
920m
wifi card

and how should i install these? i know installation with unibeast. i want to know the things should be done after installation , ie. post installation.

thanks.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

actually , i have a laptop , its a dell inspiron 15 3558. And i wanted to install mac osx sierra.i want to know which things that will work and donot work.

i5 5200U
920m GPU
500 gb hdd
intel wifi cards.
synaptics track pad

920m
wifi card

and how should i install these? i know installation with unibeast. i want to know the things should be done after installation , ie. post installation.

thanks.
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

i5 5200U
920m GPU
500 gb hdd
intel wifi cards.
synaptics track pad

920m
wifi card

thanks.
Yes, you are able to install mac OS on your notebook.
Create a bootable USB stick with RehabMans Clover guide. feartech already posted the link to this guide in #2.
After the installation you should install Clover bootloader to your EFI partition on your HDD/SDD.

Got mine working with El Capitan.

In Sierra, couldn't make anything to work, it will boot with Unibeast for Sierra, but Modifier Keys won't work ( Since Karabiner Events says that SysKeyDown and Up are being pressed every 500ms, Value 0x6), The Graphics patch for AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer won't work either nor the DVMT value change from the UEFI Shell.

El Capitan works flawlessly, even the integrated HD5500:

Working:
Intel HD5500
Trackpad
Keyboard
Ethernet
USB 3.0 and 2.0
Audio
Bluetooth

Not Working:
WiFi Intel Wireles 3160AC
Web Camera
SD Card Reader

Ordered the M.2 (NGFF) WLAN card BCM94352Z as suggested by many people. (A pain in the back to get it, since only some vendors on ebay or alliexpress have it by a ridiculous price).

Pretty much everything i need to work, since most of the time i'm connected by ethernet.

Can you please upload EFI folder with patched files and config.plist.... I'm really waiting for your EFI...
Got mine working with El Capitan.

In Sierra, couldn't make anything to work, it will boot with Unibeast for Sierra, but Modifier Keys won't work ( Since Karabiner Events says that SysKeyDown and Up are being pressed every 500ms, Value 0x6), The Graphics patch for AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer won't work either nor the DVMT value change from the UEFI Shell.

El Capitan works flawlessly, even the integrated HD5500:

Working:
Intel HD5500
Trackpad
Keyboard
Ethernet
USB 3.0 and 2.0
Audio
Bluetooth

Not Working:
WiFi Intel Wireles 3160AC
Web Camera
SD Card Reader

Ordered the M.2 (NGFF) WLAN card BCM94352Z as suggested by many people. (A pain in the back to get it, since only some vendors on ebay or alliexpress have it by a ridiculous price).

Pretty much everything i need to work, since most of the time i'm connected by ethernet.

Can you please upload EFI folder with patched files and config.plist.... I'm really waiting for your EFI...
If possible please make a short guide...
It will be usefull for all users with Dell 3558...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back