Contribute
Register

Can I install Big Sur 11.6 on AMD Ryzen 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUCCESS! First of all, I would like to thank EdHawk from the bottom of my heart for his help, as well as the other colleagues - Gigamaxx - who gave me such valuable guidance. I carefully studied the EFI folder posted by EdHawk so I could understand where I was wrong. The config.plist in the SMBIOS section still needed to be completed. Here I received help from Gigamaxx, who drew my attention that the iMac19, x can cause inconvenience and then I opted for MacPro17.1. Then I wanted to install Big Sur, as I had planned. But during the installation, I received the message that the installation package is damaged. Then I wanted to install something else, and I tried with the macOS Catalina stick, but it made a loop and restarted the installation, without reaching the end. All I had to do was try the Monterey stick (unused so far) and it worked! Now the real work begins, ie post-installation: sound, USB Mapping, Power management, and so on.
I hope to be helped in the future, for which I thank you in advance.

@ono you will have noticed the post containing your EFI folder has been deleted by a Moderator. This is because you included your Serial Number in your config.plist. The Serial Number should never be shared online, as others may use your setup, including the same Serial Number, as this will cause issues with your Apple ID and other Apple related services.

If you want to share your working EFI folder that is fine. But make sure you redact or Delete the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from your config.plist before you post a copy here.

@ono you will have noticed the post containing your EFI folder has been deleted by a Moderator. This is because you included your Serial Number in your config.plist. The Serial Number should never be shared online, as others may use your setup, including the same Serial Number, as this will cause issues with your Apple ID and other Apple related services.

If you want to share your working EFI folder that is fine. But make sure you redact or Delete the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from your config.plist before you post a copy here.
The original EFI (generic) that comes with OC really should be highlighted in the guides maybe with repetition so that users don’t to sign into Apple accounts with the iMac19,1 serials which are bogus numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back